Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Just out of curiousity...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : Just out of curiousity...

Postby norlisa k » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:15 pm

Tracey - We had had the same thoughts--for us, the surprise came at the 18 week ultrasound. Gordon and I wanted to know as soon as possible the gender of each of our twins. We bonded with them from conception, but we really wanted to know what our son and our daughter were doing in there (who had hiccups, who was kicking, etc.) , and we called them by name when we found out that they were boy/girl twins. It helped our friends a lot when it came to baby shower time, and it also helped us prepare their nursery.

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Co-Coordinator/Moderator, Mothers of Multiples/Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 weeks, 5/26/03, no preeclampsia during pregnancy, mom severe blood pressure problems post-partum
norlisa k

Postby kylesmom » Thu Jun 10, 2004 06:58 am

Kim- our babies are only a week apart! I need to ask you how you are managing with twins? Are they healthy and happy? Are you? Did you have to deal with colic or anything? Anyway, I can't imagine having TWO. Good for you.

T- Kyle is a great name... nobody calls him Ky yet though! I have to tell you this silly story: My FIL said that my DH was almost named "Kyle" b/c when his wife was in the hospital and he was pacing the streets (old days when the men stayed outside the room I guess)... anyway, he said that there was a sign for a jeweler "Michael's" and the 'M-i' and 's' lights were burned out... only 'chael' remained so he wanted to name him Chael (pronounced like Kyle)...He wanted us to spell it like that, but we refused b/c really, isn't it more like "Kull"?!?!

Jennifer 32
Kyle born 8-13-03 @ 38 weeks (severe atypical Preeclampsia and Class I HELLP)
kylesmom

Postby kylesmom » Thu Jun 10, 2004 07:00 am

I forgot to include Norlissa in my above questions about having twins! What are your thoughts?

Jennifer 32
Kyle born 8-13-03 @ 38 weeks (severe atypical Preeclampsia and Class I HELLP)
kylesmom

Postby angelkat » Thu Jun 10, 2004 07:17 am

My nicknames for my Ky, Kybe(my all time favorite as his middle name is william after my dad) Ky Ky. I also have a Drew (Andrew)(Another I fell in love with the name) I had made it a point that no one calls him Andy. I wanted just Drew but ex DH didn't like it. It's been Drew to me since day one. I knew he was a boy from the start (just a feeing) No nicknames just Drew.

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby norlisa k » Thu Jun 10, 2004 06:16 pm

Jennifer - With the twin thing, my husband and I picked out two names--Sammy and Frankie, to stand either for Samuel and Mary Frances, or Samuel and Francis, or Samantha and Mary Frances. We were prepared [:)] We were thrilled when the ultrasound dude told us we were having a boy and a girl, but we would've been thrilled with two boys or two girls, too.

Its a lot of work having twins, but really really worth it. Wouldn't change it for the world. Neither Gordon or I can imagine life without both of them--they are so different and funny and just bring us so much joy. They're both good babies; there are two of them and they keep us on our toes! [:p] But it's fun.

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Co-Coordinator/Moderator, Mothers of Multiples/Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 weeks, 5/26/03, no preeclampsia during pregnancy, mom severe blood pressure problems post-partum
norlisa k

Postby 5thtymachrm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 08:18 am

I wanted to know desperately because of my four previous m/c's where they were so early on that of course we had no idea. I just wanted to make the baby seem more real to me. I know that sounds weird but when you have so many losses and then so many problems in the pg, I just needed to know so I could name her and make it feel more "real" to me. I really didn't believe I would ever actually have her in my arms.

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
5thtymachrm

Postby annes » Fri Jun 11, 2004 08:51 am

We did find out that we were having a boy. I really wanted to not find out and my DH really wanted to know the sex. I felt like it was an easy compromise and it made him feel a little more involved on the process. It did help us with the name situation as we had no female names that we could agree on! Parker is a family name for both of us, so that was easy[:)]! If we have another one though, I am going for the surprise, after everything that happened, if we do it again I am going to be a DIVA[:X]!

Anne
DH Richard
Parker 7/6/03(severe pe)33wks
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby tracey » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:48 am

It has been really interesting reading all of your responses to this question.
Funny, even as I read them, I myself, get a little confused over what I THOUGHT was a done deal in my head -- there's still that little part of me that would love the surprise again!
Well, I guess I can make that decision when I actually get pregnant again can't I? [:I]

Thanks for all your input (and food for thought [;)])

Tracey
mother to angel Ila Elizabeth (February 6, 2004)
tracey

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia