Third Pregnancy?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
bgorr

Re : Third Pregnancy?

Postby bgorr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 04:00 am

My third was my best pregnancy - still had PIH but no PE. Delivered at 37 weeks but he was 7lb 11 so all fine.

I must be crazy but I'm even thinking of going #4. 4 sections might be a bit much for anyone though!

curly5

Postby curly5 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 09:07 pm

I had 2 previous pregnancies that ended in HELLP and emergency c-sections. Twins at 36 weeks and 1 at 33 weeks weighing 2.7 lbs. All 3 are fine and healthy, which I am very grateful for. I have contemplated a third pregnacy but after reading your stories (and I'm really sorry for your losses) I'm really freaked out. Does anyone know if there are stats to show if PE strikes earlier each pregnancy or gets worse? I'm also questioning if anyone has any health issues other than continued high BP?

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Fri Jan 15, 2010 02:28 am

My 3rd was my worst pregnancy well sort of, I was lucky enough to not get Eclampsia. With my first I had an Eclamptic Seizure and had an emergency c-section at 27 weeks, I had only been in the hospital for 4 days and had been fine until a few days before being admitted. My 2nd pregnancy I made it to 35 weeks and had an emergency c-section after 5 weeks of bedrest. My 3rd pregnancy I started getting sick VERY early on. I was put on bedrest at about 14 or 15 weeks and was put in the hospital at 23 1/2 weeks with Pre-Eclampsia, a couple days after hitting 24 weeks I had to be put on Mag in hopes to get a few more days and not get Eclampsia. I had daily Ultrasounds and on my 25 week mark my U/S showed our son had passed away. In my C-section we found out I had a placental abruption with no signs, symptoms, nothing and it didnt show anything on the U/S either. After my 1st pregnancy we found out I had a couple blood clotting disorders so I was on blood thinners for my 2nd and 3rd pregnacies, I did the same treatment for my last 2 pregnancies so we really thought my 3rd would be a healthy pregnancy.

for faith

Postby for faith » Thu Jan 14, 2010 02:14 pm

My 3rd was absolute best, had a scheduled c-section at 39wks (having a 36wk and then 30wker, never ever imagined it could happen)! I so understand, I wanted a sibling for my older son and having lost my 2nd, really was hoping for a miracle and got it. I really thought being older (just turned 36 at delivery) it was indefinite, but really was perfect. Wishing you the best in whatever you decide!

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 07:54 am

I'm also thinking about having a third, and also worried about the same thing happening. I was thinking in about a year, even though my family wants me to wait a few. I saw my cousins 2 year old and almost 1 year old playing together. She said they are best friends. I just started bawling. For the first time it occurred to me that Kyndall is missing out just as much as we are since Kylie's gone. I too am an only child and wanted a big family. I am raising Kyndall to know all about Kylie and know she has a "big" sister, but I also want Kyndall to have another sister or brother so she's not alone, a best friend to lean on.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Tue Jan 12, 2010 09:34 pm

My 3rd was the worst - but even so, I still got to 36 weeks. :) But I had PE or PIH all 3 times & the 3rd time I had age (38) & CHT against me. But it was also my 3rd nearly full term pregnancy in 4 years (my oldest turned 4 the month before Ali was born). I think, like your Dr. said since you had a sucessful, non PE pregnancy you have better odds for another successful pregnancy. I gotta say I love watching my girls play together. :)

I wish you all the best in whatever you decide!!

lisacarmel

Postby lisacarmel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Sorry no stories about a third pregnancy, I'm still working on by second. I just wanted to tell you that Kyle is so adorable.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Jan 11, 2010 08:17 pm

I'm one of those with pe, pe, pe. My chances for another pregnancy are PE again.

mother bear

Postby mother bear » Mon Jan 11, 2010 09:20 am

3 days left to go in the third pregnancy here... no pe, and no lovenox for a homozygous MTHFR C677T, either! I was initially freaking out about the "third time was the worst" stories I've read, but here I am.

kbunsey

Third Pregnancy?

Postby kbunsey » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:54 pm

So either I'm totally crazy or I'm getting over my PTSD. This week I started thinking that I might try for another baby in 2 years. I was watching my cousins' kids playing together over the holidays and thinking that Kyle might like to have a sibling. I'm an only child and do remember being kind of lonely at times during childhood. So I ran it by my MFM and she said that my PE risks are even a little lower should I get preg again since I had my healthy pregnancy w/ Kyle. I'd still take BP medicine - actually - I haven't gone off it since my first pregnancy/PE but my other doc said I could if I wanted to while I am not preggie.

So I guess I'm wondering how anyone's third pregnancy went after a PE pregnancy. Stories please. Thank you.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”