prepg problems, wondering...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

prepg problems, wondering...

Postby 5thtymachrm » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:42 pm

Just wondering about your bp side effects while nonpg. Those of you with chronic bp issues after pg. Do you see blinkies? have the headaches? hand and facial swelling?

I get all four of these things still and I'm on the two bp meds. I took my bp tonight(110/84 p:64[:D]) because of the new blinkies that won't go away. They are in my peripheral vision on the lower part of my vision. I still get daily headaches and lately my face has been swelling up and looking very puffy along with my hands. I have an appt with the peri (dr.E) next friday and will ask him about it then. I just wanted to know if you all had these same symptoms with the chronic HBP. I am taking atenolol 50mg, lisinopril 5mg for the bp portion of my issues. Before he put me on these my bp's were running 220's/130's and pulses around 130 resting completely flat on a table or in bed.

TIA[:)]

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
5thtymachrm

Re : prepg problems, wondering...

Postby norlisa k » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:26 pm

Hi Elizabeth - Have had all of the above, also, except for the facial swelling. Please tell your doctor about this; I'm concerned about you, girl! Am sending hugs and many wishes for the best your way...

Love,
Norlisa

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Coordinator & Moderator, Mothers of Multiples & Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 weeks, 5/26/03, no preeclampsia during pregnancy, mom severe blood pressure problems post-partum
norlisa k

Postby angelkat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 02:14 am

Elizabth,

My BP needs to run 140/90 (or higher) for me to feel well otherwise I feel nasty all day and night long.

As for Blinky's ... Only after I had Katlyne I had them for about 6 months. I even went to the eye doctor and he said can't be from PE this late in the stage (I think he just didn't know what he was talking about). Even though my I need a new script for glasses.... Hang in there!!!

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby annes » Wed Jun 16, 2004 06:39 am

I only get a little hand and foot swelling in the heat, which I have always gotten regardless of BP. I am on atenolol and diovan (although I am trying to get down to one med!). I just wanted to say good luck![:I]

Anne
DH Richard
Parker 7/6/03(severe pe)33wks
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby kim » Wed Jun 16, 2004 08:57 am

Elizabeth,

Yes, I still swell in my face and hands. REALLY bad now that it is summer. As far as blinkies, I still have them occaisionally, but was told that people who are nearsighted often have them forever, if they had them during pre-e. My bp is still really labile. Randomly shoots up or drops quickly, and my meds are constantly being adjusted. I'm not on any diuretic, though.
Take care,

Kim
Texas Chapter Coordinator

Ainsley 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ainsleyk/
kim

Postby sandy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:46 am

Hi Elizabeth,
At 12 months postpartum now, I see flashes of light of of my peripheral vision. Had them before, during, and now after the pregnancy. Went to an opthamologist about 2 months ago. She found nothing, but wants to see me back next month just to check again to be sure. Have never had a problem w/headaches, and still don't. I don't look at myself in the mirror enough to notice facial swelling (DD keeps me on my toes!), yes, I notice hand swelling quite a bit.

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently trying to catch an egg...
sandy

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Jun 16, 2004 03:18 pm

Thank you girls for all your responses, it makes me feel alot better. I only noticed the facial swelling as I was looking through my pictures over the last several months. I have pics that are a day or two apart and my face like doubles in size! I always notice the hand swelling, something that I have only had since I was pg. My feet used to swell a few years back when I would go to vegas. I think it was because I drank a ton(free drinks[;)])and no water and then hop back on a plance 24 hrs later to go home. And I would walk one end of the strip to the other. I barely had any ankle/foot swelling with the pg. It was all in my arms/hands and face/neck.

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
5thtymachrm

Postby lany » Sat Jun 19, 2004 08:52 am

Hi Tia,

I also suffer from hbp. My nonpg side effects are hand/feet swelling and headaches. I usually get them when I don't drink enough water or if I miss a dose of meds. Let us know how your appt with the peri goes.

Take care. [:)]

Lany 29
DH 34
DS 09/99 (born via emergency c/s~ 29wks/5days~2lbs. 1.9oz.~Pre-E & HELLP)
TTC #2
lany

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia