When do you stop TTC

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
bernadic

Re : When do you stop TTC

Postby bernadic » Sun May 02, 2010 03:05 pm

Angie-I just bought 20 OPK and 5 PG test with shipping for 9.99 on Ebay. They are much cheaper than the stuff I was buying from Walgreens. I am assuming they work the same. Thanks for the tip!

bernadic

Postby bernadic » Sun May 02, 2010 02:08 pm

Thanks ladies for the support. We used Clomid for my son and he is 3 now. Both my husband and I have been checked out again last sumemr. He is fine. My FSH is now the issue. It is a 12 I think. That is a high number-it represents low egg reserve and old eggs (I just turned 34 today so I am NOT that old). The egg quality is basically the problem. Thanks for the info on ebay-I will definitely do that since I know I ovulate from all the IF stuff I have gone through, it is just bad eggs. I just want to keep hope that one month a good egg will pop out and hatch :) That is why I just don't want to miss a month or the timing window but the OPK are pricy. I am glad that Angie said to never give up hope-I don't want to and I hope my wish comes true for #2. My MFM said and put it in his notes that he sent to the RE-only one baby so that scares everyone involved even with the monitoring they do. Thanks again! Maja

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Sat May 01, 2010 09:13 pm

It's such a difficult situation to be in. We had difficulties to conceive, and where told that there was nothing wrong with neither me or my husband. In the end I went to a private clinic in Europe, where the problem was found, and I got pregnant.

Even though you got a second opinion, you might want to explore a different RE. Sometimes a different town or hospital helps, as doctors within the same area tend to have similar opinions (at least that's what I think).

Sending you a big hug.

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Sat May 01, 2010 08:25 pm

I'm sorry your doctors are not giving you much hope. I went through infertility treatments for 4 years before getting my first BFP. I know how stressful and heartbreaking IF can be. My advice is to keeping looking for the right RE for you. I had several that sent me "packing" and told me it would never happen. I kept looking until I found the right one for me.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you you like the "chat" more. I know how isolating IF can be. (((((((HUGS)))))))))

angieb

Postby angieb » Sat May 01, 2010 12:48 am

Early-Pregnancy-tests actually sells ovulation tests on ebay for $7.00 for 20 and 5 pregnancy tests, which is cheaper than their website. I've tried a few other brands and I like their's the best, my fertility clinic was even surprised and impressed that they work so well for me because I have PCOS which often results in false positives. (They've never given me a false positive.)

Do you know if you ovulate every month? Have you tried temping and charting? Has your partner had a semen analysis?

I think if I were you I would keep looking for an RE to help you. I had HELLP at 23 weeks and my fertility clinic has all kinds of plans to aggressively treat me, even with my history. (Clomid with monitoring and a trigger, possible IUI, possible injectibles are all options that they will try if I need it.) My MFM will probably have a cow if we did do injectibles and possibly even IUI. I'm not completely opposed to selective reduction if we absolutely had to for a good outcome, but I've never even discussed that with them. They are very wary of me getting pregnant with multiples and are going to closely monitor my follicles in an attempt to prevent it. (So far, that's really not a concern. I'm on 50 mg clomid and only got one good follicle from it and that after 35 days.)

For me, I don't think I can stop trying, which is easy to say now after we've only been TTC a relatively short time right now, but even if we're still trying a few years from now (god forbid), I just don't see myself giving up.

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Sat May 01, 2010 10:37 am

I'm not sure if you have seen this site, but this is where I got my OPK's...and very inexpensively when compared to the store.

http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/pacof3ovtess.html

Good luck in making your decision, it can't be easy.

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Sat May 01, 2010 08:57 am

I'm sorry your having trouble conceiving. Is there a Dollar Tree near you? They have OPK's & HPT's that are only $1 each. It is much cheaper than the name brand/drug store brands and are just as sensitive.

bernadic

When do you stop TTC

Postby bernadic » Sat May 01, 2010 07:32 am

Hi ladies. I've posted before that we were undergoing infertility treatment due to a high FSH level-mine is a 12 I think. We did 6 months of meds. Nothing worked. The RE won't do more due to the severe PE I had with my first. He is afraid of twins and PE. Went for a 2nd opinion and he said the same too. They said there is little hope. I hate to give up hope but the OTC OPK are pricy month after month. Timing it all the time is no fun too. I'm at a loss, don't ever want to give up hope but want to be realistic. Don't know what to do. Any insight would be great!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”