I think it is official...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

I think it is official...

Postby maxs mom » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:44 pm

I think we are going to TTC next cycle. I am excited, but also scared to death. And I am not sure my husband is bought into it still. I am working on getting all of my medical records, so I can really understand what went wrong last PG. I am also looking into seeing a different Peri for a second opinion. I am just not pleased my current Peri doesn't think anything will help. I am playing 40/60 odds, and I want to feel like I am getting the upper hand by doing something. That is why this disease stinks, there is no solution.

I guess the best I can do is think positively and keep exercising and trying to eat right. Any other words of wisdom any of you can spare?
Thanks!

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 534g. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/
maxs mom

Re : I think it is official...

Postby norlisa k » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:54 pm

Hi Kara - Thinking positively, keeping up the exercise and eating right are definitely great things to do. And, I can never say it enough--find a doctor who you are extremely comfortable with and who is very knowledgeable in preeclampsia and other hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. One who you know that when you walk into his/her office that all of your questions will be answered and that they'll never let you leave feeling worried about anything. One who'll return all your calls and never let you and your husband feel that you're ever alone or in a fog. One who is honest and forthright and keeps you in the loop about your health and will never tell you those dreadful words: "Don't worry about it." And these doctors are out there; I had a wonderful perinatologist who has all of the above qualities and so much more (and my husband also shares my sentiments).

So Kara, I'm hoping hoping hoping very hard that you find the doctor that's a perfect fit for you. When you find him/her, he/she will make you feel like you have the upper hand, too.

And, last, but definitely not least, I wish you the best as you ttc--and may you and your DH have a wonderful time as you ttc! [:D] Hope you get the "+" test that you want!

Hugs and all the best,
Norlisa

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Coordinator & Moderator, Mothers of Multiples & Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 weeks, 5/26/03, no preeclampsia during pregnancy, mom severe blood pressure problems post-partum
norlisa k

Postby julie f » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:02 pm

Kara,

Oh, I am so excited for you!

I know how scary it is, how exciting, how terrifying, how wonderful, how scary... Like Norlisa already said, get a 2nd opinion, someone who you are so absolutely comfortable with. If it takes a 3rd or 4th opinion then so be it.

I pray for a quick ++ and an uneventful pregnancy to follow...

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 9, 2005!!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby angelkat » Sat Jun 19, 2004 01:04 am

Kara,

I second and third on what the ladies have said... The number one thing is being comfie with your peri is the most important thing.

Wishing you a quick ++++++.....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby bridget » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:54 am

Hi Kara, congrats on your decision. The other ladies have covered everything- just wanted to add my support.

Bridget
DS 06/02 (39 weeks, pe, postpartum hemorrhage)
m/c 11/03, 05/04
TTC #2
bridget

Postby april » Sat Jun 19, 2004 02:39 pm

Congrats on TTC next month. I look forward to hearing the good news soon. I know how you feel about playing the 40/60 game in your next preg, I'm in the same boat and it is not a fun place to be. I hope you find a Dr. who you feel 100% comfortable with.

april(24)
dh-billy(29)
dd-Natalie 3/10/04(pasted away after 1 hr.) induced labor at 23wks and 5 days due to severe PE/HELLP
april

Postby sandy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 08:22 pm

Hi Kara,
What a huge decision. I'm excited for you and looking forward to hearing how it's going.

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently trying to catch an egg...
sandy

Postby momathelete » Sun Jun 20, 2004 08:24 pm

Congratulations on TTC and good luck!!!! As for the doctor, also see how the staff is. When I went for my u/s or many other tests, I mostly dealt with the nurses who were so great. I even visited them afterwards and invited them to a party we had. They were so sweet!!

Michelle
Moderator -On Bedrest
Interim Local Coordinator -Illinois

mom to Cole (HELP pregnancy, 28 wkr) 5 yrs old
Lainey (preE pregnancy, 29 wkr) 2 yrs old
Ella (PIH, 37 wkr) 8 mns
momathelete

Postby norlisa k » Sun Jun 20, 2004 08:42 pm

Big time agreement with Michelle - my doctor had an awesome--totally wonderful nurse, and the other nurses in the hypertensive obstetric clinic were great, too. They make life so much more worry-free and fun as you go through this!

Best of luck again, Kara!

Hugs,
Norlisa

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Coordinator / Moderator, Mothers of Multiples / Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
DH, Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven (9/16/02)
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 2/7 weeks, 5/26/03, no preeclampsia during pregnancy, mom severe high blood pressure problems post-partum
norlisa k

Postby megansmom » Mon Jun 21, 2004 08:18 am

I just wanted to say I agree with all the others. I know how you feel. Our original plan was to start ttc in July. I have now put it off until Oct/Nov. I am still just too scared. Please find a doc you like and almost more importantly, a doc's staff that you like. You tend to deal more with them than the doc. This doc I found had a wonderful staff. They were all so nice and supportive. (I just hope I have made the right decision in my choice. My last one didn't turn out so well.) Anyway, I hope you get a ++++ soon. Best of luck to you, and have fun!

~Amanda
Mama to Megan, severe PE with mild HELLP at 34 wks
megansmom

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia