Can't believe I did this

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
keneke68

Re : Can't believe I did this

Postby keneke68 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 09:33 pm

Good for you!!! I applaud you for doing this!! It makes me so mad when I see people like this.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Oh yes. I have done this. I have totally gone off on every woman that has told me how lucky I am to have never have had to go through the last month of pregnancy. How lucky I was to get to lay on my left side all day when I was pregnant. I WISH I could have been one of those active healthy pregnant women.

I totally go off on women that I see abusing their kids. I have called the cops on a woman that was beating her child in public in the grocery store while everyone else stared. I have called the cops on the mom that has left her baby in the car and those that have let their kids ride with NO FLIPPING CAR SEAT.

Until you have lost, you can not possibly know. Until you have been through pe and almost died, you cannot possibly know. I catch a lot of flack from my dh's family for really doing it up for my kids birthdays. For us, it's a celebration that they are here safe and sound and alive. If I want to celebrate for a week, that is just fine with me. Don't attend.

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 00:21 am

Good for you! Some people in this world do not cherish their children they way that they should! I know I would have said something as well! This is why I choose not to go back to teaching after I lost my daughter...some of the parents I dealt with would have set me off! I know I would have gotten fired for standing up to them! You go girl!

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 02:05 pm

I always will speak up. It makes me sick to think that parents like that are still having children and good parents who would do anything to have a healthy baby cant. When my friends are pregnant and complain about stupid little things like feeling Big because they are at 36 weeks or about having morning sickness I alway tell them they are lucky and to be grateful to be able to be in that situation cause Id give anything to know what I felt like to get to the end of a pregnancy at a normal time or to know what it was like to just have morning sickness.

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 09:39 am

Good for you. I've always been a non-confrontational person, but since Kylie died I'm getting way more outspoken about standing up for children and my beliefs.

danielsmom

Postby danielsmom » Thu Jul 08, 2010 00:53 am

Linasmommy - I know! I have had that exact same conversation with my MFM regarding VBAC. I mean, I would loooove to have a regular v-birth, but only if it doesn't matter for the baby's health (or mine) either way. I told him that if he has to gut me like a fish to get that baby out healthy I'll be there cheering him on!

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, that "experience" is overrated. I never saw my precious little boy enter the world (probably a good thing because I passed out when I finally did see him). I didn't even meet him the same day. But that's all behind us now, and there hasn't been a day pass since that my heart wasn't swollen with sweet gratitude for him being in my life. I love him so much it hurts. How could I ever be disappointed about that?

lisacarmel

Postby lisacarmel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:05 pm

I haven't done anything like that but have thought about it many times. There are so many parents who just get caught up in everyday life that they forget what a precious gift their child is. I've come close to saying something but my husband usually tells me to stay out of other people's business. Thank you for speaking up.

linasmommy

Postby linasmommy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 00:34 am

Good for you for saying something! I'd like to think I would have done the same.
Danielsmom - I totally agree with you about the whole "home birth" thing. Soon after I lost my baby girl, I was meeting with my OB and discussing the possibility of a future pregnancy and having a VBAC. He told me there would be the risk of uterine rupture, but many women decide for VBAC's so they can have the "experience" of having a vaginal birth. I told him that going through my experience made me realize that giving birth is not about ME, it's not "my experience" to have. It's about this BABY who is coming into the world. So what if I never have a vaginal birth, I just want a healthy baby I can take home!
I think some of these women you're referring to are so hung up on the idea that giving birth is "their experience" that they forget whose experience it really is - the baby who is making its way into this world.

danielsmom

Postby danielsmom » Mon Jul 05, 2010 01:03 pm

Ah, finally a mom that says what she's thinking! Sounds like she kept pushing and pressing... no wonder your blood boiled. I believe you were put there for a reason, maybe she'll think about what you said.

A friend of mine actually told me that she'd try for #3 only if she was guaranteed that the baby would be a boy. I wondered if I was being overly sensitive having a problem with that. She went into a depression after having a healthy full term girl #2. I was less than sympathetic.

Doesn't it make your skin crawl just a little when these shows come on about these women with strict "home birth plans"? To them, the world will come to an uprupt end if they don't get into their living room bath tub in time for birth. It's the new trend... and I get it, wouldn't that be nice? But come on, it seems that these people mostly think of themselves, and if something were to go wrong they wouldn't just want the baby to be out & healthy... instead is "oh no, we can't deviate from my almighty birth plan". My birth plan is for my baby to breathe, or whatever God has in mind.

People take for granted what a miracle life is.

jend01

Postby jend01 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:10 am

You go girl!! I am on the quite side to, not sure how I would have handled that situation hopefully along the same line as you :)

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”