2ww..............

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

2ww..............

Postby steelsword328 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 05:16 pm

Well, I think I o'd this month--just based on CM changes. I was a failure at charting this month, so I couldn't depend on that. I did OPK's--none ever showed positive...but I couldn't ever hold my urine for 4 hrs and several times remembered I had drank an hour or so before I took it---so much for that $25!! Dh and I covered our bases in case I did O. I may try charting and OPK again next cycle if I'm not pg this time. We'll TTC for 2 more cycles (per OB request) and then go back to see OB for possible Clomid treatment. Hopefully it will happen before then.

Sorry I've been MIA lately. My dad has been in and out of the hospital for a few weeks now and I'v been busy with him. He's doing better, but has been newly diagnosed with a chronic illness so he has his good and bad days.

I've also been toying with the idea of changing jobs. I am an RN currently working in GI endoscopy--have been there for 4 years. I want to work in the NICU. It's been weighing on my heart for awhile that this may be my "calling". I've spoken with the nurse manager and will do some shadowing in the next few weeks to see if it's something I want to do. It's just going to be difficult leaving a job I'm happy with and going to an area I have no experience in. I've never worked with peds--always adults--so I'm really going out on a limb here. But, like I said, I feel this calling, so I'll probably take that leap of faith. Please pray that I will make the right decision.

Good luck to everyone TTC and thinking about TTC!!![:)]

Renee mom to Alyssa-26wkr-1lb 4oz.-severe PE-now a happy and healthy 2 year old!
TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Re : 2ww..............

Postby alimarie » Mon Jun 21, 2004 05:21 pm

renee

hopefully it will happen quickly before clomid is needed....that will be exciting! that is a big decision about your job. i am sure you will make the right one. what illness was your father diagnosed with? i hope he is doing well

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby tanya » Mon Jun 21, 2004 06:15 pm

Renee,

Sending pregnancy vibes your way...

Good luck on your job changing decision. I am sure you will make the right choice.

So Sorry to hear about your dad!!![:(] Hope he is doing better.
Hang in there!!

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks ...PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks... Severe PE
Miracle #3 EDD 01/31/05
tanya

Postby angelkat » Mon Jun 21, 2004 06:32 pm

Renee,

A change in fields is a wonderful idea. Esp if you are feeling the calling!... You'll be a wonderful NICU Nurse. Hold your head up high and take one day at a time.

While Katlyne was in the NICU one of her primary Nurses kept on me to become a NICU Nurse. Me, I can not do it as I am not called to it. I would rather have my gun shots and trauma patients.

I'm sure you will make the right decision for you!!!!

On the TTC front... Good Luck to you!!! The hardest part is always the 2WW....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby lany » Mon Jun 21, 2004 06:36 pm

Renee,

I'm hoping to hear that you have a ++++ really soon! I'll be praying for your job situation and for your dad.

Take care.[:)]

Lany 29
DH 34
DS 09/99 (born via emergency c/s~ 29wks/5days~2lbs. 1.9oz.~Pre-E & HELLP)
TTC #2
lany

Postby julie f » Mon Jun 21, 2004 08:15 pm

Renee,

I hope this is your month! The OPKs never worked for me either but it all worked out...

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, my prayers go out to you and your family.

About your career change, I think that is wonderful. I think you will have so much compassion for your patients and families, you will be an excellent NICU nurse should you decide to do it. Please keep us posted on how that works out. Any chance I could get you to come out to Southern CA and be a NICU nurse at my hospital??

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 9, 2005!!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby sandy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 09:17 pm

Hi Renee, you have a lot going on right now it sounds like. Sorry to hear about your dad's health. Hang in there with that 2ww. I'm guessing it will go by rather quickly for you because you have so many things in the "hopper" right now. And now even a possible career shift!

I *may* be in my 2ww time period as well. If so, I O'd significantly early this time, compared to significantly late the past few months. Luckily, I think bases are covered, though. Tough to tell if I have O'd. OPK's haven't noted that I have O'ed, but they expired 3 years ago (long story!). I have been charting on FF and supposedly I have recently O'd from my temps, but lately I've had either bad allergies or a cold...and my significant temp rise unfortunately is right around the time I'm having these issues, so I don't know what to attribute my temp. rise to. And CM...has been pretty much not very significant this whole cycle, so!

My point is, I may be in this 2ww with you right now.
Hang in there!

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently trying to catch an egg...
sandy

Postby annes » Tue Jun 22, 2004 06:54 am

I admire your guts in thinking about changing jobs. Just think of it as adding to your areas of expertise[:I]. I have to tell you that the NICU nurses not only took great care of my son, but they really helped me get through the experience as well! I envy you the ability to help so many people through your profession. Good Luck with work and really good luck with TTC[:)].

Anne
DH Richard
Parker 7/6/03(severe pe)33wks
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby for faith » Tue Jun 22, 2004 09:30 am

Renee ~ Really hoping to see a +++ from you after your 2ww.

Hope your Dad is doing better, sorry to hear that.

Wishing you the best with your job decision. We couldn't have survived our ordeal with Faith without the NICU nurses, they touched our hearts more than they will ever know. To be able to be so compassionate and so technical at the same time is amazing.

Wishing you the best, take care. Waiting to hear the good news!!!

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))
for faith

Postby steelsword328 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:37 am

Thanks for the kind words and +++++++ vibes! I do have alot on my plate right now so I hope -like Sandy said- it will go by quickly. I'll keep everyone updated!

Julie---I hear CA really needs nurses--or did at one point because they were on strike. How much are they willing to pay me to move out there? I'd pick up and move right now probably if the $ is right!!!--yeah--and then I'd chicken out at the last minute--:)

Thanks again everyone!

Renee mom to Alyssa-26wkr-1lb 4oz.-severe PE-now a happy and healthy 2 year old!
TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia