new here and TTC

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
lisacarmel

Re : new here and TTC

Postby lisacarmel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 09:36 pm

Hello and welcome. I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all of that. I agree with the others, get a work up done. Good luck TTC.

kbielec

Postby kbielec » Thu Aug 05, 2010 09:12 am

Hi and welcome - I second what Jasmin has said - I too had a work up after I lost my daughter to HELLP and they found two blood clotting disorders...they have laid out my "treatment" for pregnancy #2...and now I am just taking a leap of faith.

riehlism

Postby riehlism » Wed Aug 04, 2010 04:53 pm

Hi Marie and welcome. First question, have you had any tests done for underlying conditions? They tested at the hospital and it was all negative for me. But I learned from the ladies here at the forum the tests should be done at least 6 weeks postpartum. I was retested by an MFM and I found out I have MTHFR gene mutation.

Before TTC, I would recommend finding that stuff out. It really highlights what pregnancy #2 will look like in terms of interventions and what your medication regimen will be. I had early onset severe PE with HELLP at 24+6 and delivered my son, who passed shortly after his birth. I will be TTC in January.

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Wed Aug 04, 2010 04:34 pm

Welcome! I started reading about PE about 6 weeks after my boys were born. I found the ladies here very helpful and encouraging and now I'm here on the TTC forum. My boys are 13 months, too! I don't really have any advice, but wanted to reassure you that we're all in similar places.

mjrempel

new here and TTC

Postby mjrempel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 04:16 pm

I just found this forum and am so encouraged to read stories that are so similar to mine. Like many of you I had never heard of HELLP syndrome until after I got it. At 24 weeks pregnant with my son my water broke unexpectedly. I was put on bedrest in the hospital and while there my bp started to rise. When I was 31 weeks 4 days my bp spike to 189/120 and they found protein in my urine and decided to do an emergency c-section. Right after Lincoln was born (3 lbs 6oz. 15 3/4 in.) I had sharp pain in my upper abdomen and after blood work they realized I had HELLP. I was on mag for 3 days and was released a week later. I have fully recovered and have gotten the go ahead from all my doctors to get pregnant again but am so nervous. It's been almost 13 months since Lincoln was born and we are now TTC. Any advice?

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”