Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Those who are charting temps...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Those who are charting temps...

Postby sandy » Wed Jun 23, 2004 09:59 am

For those of you who are charting...I seem to see a pattern and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this on theirs.

I'm charting and plotting the info. on Fertility Friend. Two cycles, now, possibly three, it appears that I have O'd, and FF tells me so with a dotted line, and then like a week or so later (roughly), it tells me I definitely finally just did, with a solid line. The first time, I'm getting the proper temperature rise and then it holds for some time, then it drops, then it happens over again, slightly higher, temp rise, and then there's the O, and then the temp doesn't drop again.

Is this happening with anyone else? Just trying to figure it out.

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently trying to catch an egg...
sandy

Re : Those who are charting temps...

Postby for faith » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:06 am

I am currently not temping (just watching CM and OPKs), but did for about 5 cycles on FF too. The dotted line is to indicate O, but doesn't give the solid line until you have had a least 3 increasing temps above the coverline. Temps rise after O and drop when AF is coming. I always had a pre-O dip in temp and then the rise. Your temps after O should remain over the coverline, but do fluxuate and drop below coverline when AF is coming.

Hope that helps a little, someone else should be able to help a little more.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))
for faith

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Jun 23, 2004 05:20 pm

I'm temping too but mine are all over the place so I'm no help. When I did this the last time it was just like Jill explained above with the quick rise and fall with O. Are you also doing OPK's to check what they say?

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
5thtymachrm

Postby angelkat » Wed Jun 23, 2004 06:57 pm

Sandy...
I could never get the hang of charting. I would never awake at the same time each morning to chart or to write it down so I'm no help sorry!!!..

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby norlisa k » Wed Jun 23, 2004 08:43 pm

Sandy - I'm sorry, just like Tracy, I could never get the hang of it. I hope that you do, and that you "catch that egg" that you're looking for! [:)]

Hugs,
Norlisa

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Coordinator / Moderator, Mothers of Multiples / Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
DH, Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven (9/16/02)
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 2/7 weeks, 5/26/03, no preeclampsia during pregnancy, mom severe high blood pressure problems post-partum
norlisa k

Postby sandy » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:04 pm

Thanks, everyone. The problem is that I do have the temp increase, I get the dotted lines saying I O'd, and then after about 5 or so high temps, it drops again. Wondering if I'm trying to O but something is stopping it from happening the first time, and then the second time it finally happens?

I should know in I guess 3 days or so if I have finally O'd for real. Until I get that solid confirmation, we will continue to "cover our bases"!

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

sandy

Postby arj » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:04 am

Sandy,
I was reviewing my chart from when I conceived Evan, and it sounds a little like yours. Of course, I was charting to avoid pregnancy. Apparently I don't know how to do that....[:p] But that's ok, best mistake I ever made! Anyway, I had a temp. increase and then it dropped off. So this I thought meant that I had already O'd, so we thought that was the start of the "safe" window. So after some temp. rising again, I had another temp. drop around day 19. I continued to think that day 19 was safe because you ovulate around day 14 (in 28 day cycles, not 33, DUH) plus the fact that my temp had already dropped before. So perhaps the secondary drop is when you are ovulating. I say cover your bases both times. Couldn't hurt, right??? Good luck to you!

Allison (28)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. PE at 40 weeks
arj

Postby sandy » Thu Jun 24, 2004 04:13 pm

ARJ,
Oops! (Charting to avoid pregnancy). :)

Thanks for taking a look at your chart. I think you're right in what you said.

Lo and behold...after 8 days of OPK testing negative, this morning here is a +, meaning I should O within the next 12-48 hours. Unless I just did...I've been OPK-ing every single day and got frustrated yesterday and stopped because of getting - after -...so maybe it would have been positive yesterday for the first time. And now after not having any EWCM, there it is 2 days ago, not yesterday, and back again. All bases have been well covered.

TMI (even though this is the TTC forum!), but I guess this all means that we're just about there. I told DH to give me just one more effort and then we'll be done this month. :) Sounds strange, but I'm almost as pleased as if I had actually found out I just conceived. O'ing should not take this much energy!!

sandy

Postby for faith » Thu Jun 24, 2004 04:30 pm

Really hope you caught that egg!!! I also did 8 days of OPK when I conceived Faith before I got a + and that was the month I got pregnant. Sometimes this becomes such a chore, but with a wonderful ending. Good luck with the 2WW!!!!

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))
for faith

Postby bridget » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:45 am

Hope all your hard work pays off with a BFP in a couple weeks Sandy :)))

Bridget
DS 06/02 (39 weeks, pe, postpartum hemorrhage)
m/c 11/03, 05/04
TTC #2
bridget

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia