Surrogacy

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
jules2

Re : Surrogacy

Postby jules2 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 04:33 am

I'd like to wish you good luck whatever you chose. I decided to try again myself after losing my daughter at 26 weeks 17 months ago - I am now 26 weeks again with no signs of PE yet, thankfully. I have no fertility issues though - I can see why you might think about trying surrogacy with fertility problems as well as PE.

kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 am

This idea was suggested to me as well. I did look at the websites for a couple of organizations in India and googled "surrogacy india blogs" and got several folks blogs about the process. 1 successful; most not. Ultimately, I decided this option didn't feel right for me- at least not right now. If you proceed though I'd love to keep updated about how it goes for you!

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:01 am

We have a member who recently had twins via a gestational carrier. Her screenname is "Biogal." I know she has posted about it a few times and also has a blog where she chronicled the whole experience from the death of her 1st son to the birth of her twins. I know she would be happy to share with you.

lelija

Postby lelija » Wed Sep 22, 2010 09:47 am

Thank you.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 07:45 am

you should look on the "Ask the Experienced" forum- I think there was recently a topic about this where you might be able to get more info- good luck

lelija

Surrogacy

Postby lelija » Wed Sep 22, 2010 01:19 am

Hi, almost two years ago we lost baby girl. I developed preeclampsia and HELLP early in pregnancy. I believe due to incompetence of my doctors it went undiagnosed for some time. I had emergency c-section at 26 weeks. We met MFM … he is not saying for us not to try… he says to make decision on our own. I do realize risk involved. I am scared to try. It took me so long even to think about trying again. So I am considering surrogacy in India? Maybe someone has experience in surrogacy? I know it might be controversial surrogacy abroad… so please don’t judge us. It is the only way we could afford it. Thank you.

I have PCOS, MTHFR mutation and hypothyroidism. I could get pregnant only with fertility drugs. I had one miscarriage before HELLP pregnancy.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”