Another IVF Question

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
rebecca2

Re : Another IVF Question

Postby rebecca2 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 09:20 pm

Hopefully you'll have more eggs with IVF than you had with your IUI, therefore you'll have more chances of a good egg or two. In a regular cycle and IUI cycle, you might know that you ovulate, but you don't know if the egg is actually picked up by the fallopian tubes. With IVF you at least know that the sperm and egg are meeting.

I'm not sure how exactly the higher FSH comes into play, but I have a friend with high FSH that got pregnant on her first fresh cycle and got pregnant with a FET with embryos from that same fresh cycle. I've heard a lot has to do with the drug regime you're on when you're cycling. Have you checked out the RESOLVE forums? There are lots of ladies on that site that can give you advice on this. (It is similar to this site in regards to breadth & depth of knowledge of the users.)

angieb

Re : Another IVF Question

Postby angieb » Mon Sep 27, 2010 06:21 pm

I can't remember if you've tried this but I have heard of accupuncture and I think royal jelly helping with fsh. Ah, here's something that mentions it: http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/ ... -decrease/

I'm not sure about your IVF question, but my fingers are crossed for you.

bernadic

Another IVF Question

Postby bernadic » Mon Sep 27, 2010 05:33 pm

Hi ladies. I met with the RE today regarding IVF. I forgot to ask this question-I will go back in a month but don't want to wait that long to get it answered. So here goes...

If my eggs are bad (my fsh is 12.4) and that is mostly likely why the drugs and IUI's didn't work, how will IVF help the eggs develop into embryos?

We are awaiting more lab results regarding today's FSH results and will also look into using donor eggs if my FSH has changed alot. We will know more in a month.

I am scared out of my mind of PE again, but so want another baby. Hugs to all of you! You all know what it is like. Thanks for your support!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”