we are really ready to go now!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

we are really ready to go now!

Postby 5thtymachrm » Fri Jun 25, 2004 07:10 pm

[:D][:D][:D]
Hello fellow ttc'ers! LOL. Okay got the full okay of the great Dr.E today[:D][:D][:D]

I got in all my questions, I took a bunch from someone elses post..lol. it was a really good list. he told me that my chances of getting PE were extremely high[:(](60-80%), we will probably deliver early again to avoid it if I don't get it by 36/37wks. He doesn't want me on aspirin therapy this time, which I thought was strange because of my uterine clotting, but that may change if we get another uterine clot like we did last time. He said to keep taking my prenatals plus extra folic acid, no new news there. Doesn't want me to do any other supplements, i.e. vitC or E in excess amounts or anything else. I'll just keep up my weight loss through exercise as I can. My swelling is still such a huge fluctuation. My weight at his office today was 242[:(], and yesterday at the oncologist was only 232. I do this like every few days, go up 10-15lbs in water weight. He said it was just the nature of my disease[V]how annoying eh? lord only knows how swelled up I will become once I get pg this time[:0] they want me to do some more blood work tonight, I have to be fasting for it so I will go in the morning to have it checked. I think it was for my thyroid,lipids, and liver check. He didn't have my records from the other peri, which perplexed me because I thought they got all that stuff a while ago. he isn't sure what all was already checked on me. I guess he will get the records and any add'l testing he will do once we know.

btw,and sorry if tmi...I had my iud taken out on wed., didn't have any bleeding really afterwards, and thought I was good to go...hmm..not anymore as of this morning. I feel like I just started another period[:(!]I got all bloated, headache, light flow, and cramps. how irritating is this? and where does this leave me with O? I'm so confused now. we'll see how it all pans out by the end of the weekend. Does anyone have any idea of how that works when your IUD comes out? I just had a cycle start on the 14th. I am still temping everyday, so hopefully that will help.

okay, gotta run, only another hour to eat anything...lol. popcorn sounds really good right now!

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
5thtymachrm

Re : we are really ready to go now!

Postby julie f » Fri Jun 25, 2004 07:29 pm

Elizabeth,

I'm so excited for you that you got the green light!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby momathelete » Fri Jun 25, 2004 07:35 pm

Elizabeth,

I am so happy that you are going to be TTC!!! As for the doc, are you comfortable with him? Are you ok with him not having your past records? Is there another you can go to? I hope that your bleeding stops soon. That is so frustrating to figure out your ovul time. Good luck!!!

Michelle
Moderator -On Bedrest
Interim Local Coordinator -Illinois

mom to Cole (HELP pregnancy, 28 wkr) 5 yrs old
Lainey (preE pregnancy, 29 wkr) 2 yrs old
Ella (PIH, 37 wkr) 8 mns
momathelete

Postby sandy » Fri Jun 25, 2004 07:54 pm

Welcome aboard!!

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently trying to catch an egg...
sandy

Postby 5thtymachrm » Fri Jun 25, 2004 08:18 pm

Michelle..I am extremely comfortable with this peri(it is THE dr.E at the UW) I went there to him once a month for my cardiac output testing during the last pg with Indy. He knows my history very well, I have tons of data there about what he has tested on me. He will be handling the entire pg and me from here on out until postpartum, I don't have to deal with multiple doctors. he is the best! this the same doc that Norlisa, Julie, Anne, and Bonnie go to :o)

thank you Sandy, Julie and Michelle! :o)

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby norlisa k » Fri Jun 25, 2004 08:34 pm

YAY! I am so happy that you got the green light to "go for it!" [:)][:D][:D][8D]

Have a lot of fun bd as you ttc--hoping really really hard that you get your "+" test result soon...

A high five and a hug,
Norlisa

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Coordinator / Moderator, Mothers of Multiples / Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
(essential hypertension diagnosed before pregnancy, post-partum preeclampsia)
DH, Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven (9/16/02)
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 2/7 weeks, 5/26/03
norlisa k

Postby angelkat » Fri Jun 25, 2004 08:38 pm

Glad you got the green light!!!..... Practice makes perfect!!!!

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby sarab » Fri Jun 25, 2004 08:54 pm

Elizabeth-

Congratulations on the go-ahead! [:D]

I wish I had some words of wisdom for you on the IUD thing, but I don't. I got mine out about a month ago and haven't had any bleeding (or even spotting), or cramping at all. Though, this is a welcome change for me because I never STOPPED bleeing while the IUD was in. [xx(] So I am kind of in the same boat...I have no idea when my last "real" period was.

Anyway, that wasn't much help at all [:p], but just wanted to add my congratulations and wish you good luck!

Sara, 24
Local Coordinator, Utah
Moderator, "After Your Baby is Born"

DH, Scott, 26
Maggie Lylas, 6/9/03, 29 weeks, severe pre-e
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/maggielylas/
sarab
Site Admin

Postby for faith » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:33 pm

Wonderful, best of luck, can't wait to see your +++ really soon. Sounds like a wonderful dr, that is great!!!

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))
for faith

Postby taras mom » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:51 pm

I know zilch about IUDs, but I can tell you that the UW is dreadful with records. If you really want Dr. E to see your hx, get yourself a copy and bring it to your appointment for them to xerox while you're there (likewise for showing your UW records to other doctors). Visit the record department in person if you can, because they never seem to answer their phone. Also, get paper prescriptions to take to your pharmacy; you can't rely on the staff to phone or fax them in. (BTW, just this morning we received a partial bill for my hospital stay in 12/2002; insurance paid it a year ago, but they still send it to us now and then, just for laughs.[}:)])

Carol (39)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia