we are really ready to go now!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : we are really ready to go now!

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sat Jun 26, 2004 09:24 am

I actually had no problems with him getting my UW records, because they are right there in the hospital computer for him to look at. These are records from elsewhere that they just forgot to request. I've actually had absolutely no problems with his staff, they are always right on top of everything. My scripts are always handed to me anyways because I live so far away.

the UW billing system is a big pain in the you know what...I had to deal with that several years ago with my cancer surgeries. I will agree that the "main" system of the UW is terrible. I do however really like the maternal fetal medicine clinic.

I am feeling better today in the IUD problem area..lol. I think it was a one day thing that I'm done with now ...phew!...back to my regularly scheduled body..LOL

thanks girls!

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby bridget » Sat Jun 26, 2004 06:22 pm

Happy baby making Elizabeth!

Bridget
DS 06/02 (39 weeks, pe, postpartum hemorrhage)
m/c 11/03, 05/04
TTC #2
bridget

Postby alimarie » Sat Jun 26, 2004 08:07 pm

Elizabeth,

i have a feeling you may be one of the next of us to get a ++++ Good luck to you!!!! can't wait to hear

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby ann marie » Sun Jun 27, 2004 06:52 am

Elizabeth--

I'm so glad all systems are a go. How wonderful that you are seeing Dr. E. It would be a dream of mine to find a peri that would do it all including delivery for any future pregnancies. Is he the only peri that does that or have you heard of others who do?

Wishing you +++ soon!

Ann Marie (29)
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest
ann marie

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sun Jun 27, 2004 07:43 am

I think all the docs in his group do that. The main peri I had at the other hospital couldn't do that because they had too many patients to take care of. I have heard of some other hospitals taking on full time patients but it is a rarity. I remember half begging my old peri to take me full time because seeing all those doctors was just making me crazy!

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby catherine » Sun Jun 27, 2004 08:05 am

Ann Marie, if you want to find perinatologists who also run regular OB practices, investigate your nearest medical school. About 50% of the faculty in the department of OB/GYN where I work are MFM board-certified. The university runs two clinics and that's how I ended up with an MFM as an OB and I didn't even know it!!! I originally picked my OB because she was female. The OB that I phoned hoping to see originally was actually out on maternity leave and the secretary suggested I consider a new faculty member. She was just amazing and I was sorry when she left. However, by then I'd met a few others LOL and so I had no difficulty moving over to another MFM in the group.

The catch, they are pretty much the only board-certified MFMs in the state so quite a trek for anyone not in the neighborhood.

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby lany » Mon Jun 28, 2004 05:41 pm

Elizabeth,

Congrats on the official OKAY! I'm hoping to see you sign on soon saying that you got a +++++! [:D]

Good Luck.

Lany 29
DH 34
DS 09/99 (born via emergency c/s~ 29wks/5days~2lbs. 1.9oz.~Pre-E & HELLP)
TTC #2
lany

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia