It's Getting Closer

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re: It's Getting Closer

Postby sam10 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 09:54 pm

A counselor who deals with anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, and/or womens'/family issues (I can't find a better way to express this right now), might be a good way to go. Many counselors who deal with baby or neonatal loss, are also treating women who have not lost a baby, but had difficult pregnancies, or babies in the Nicu, or children who are sick, or similar. There is a variety of issues, such a therapist will counsel. In my view, it is most important that you like and trust your therapist, and their way of counseling you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: It's Getting Closer **Update**

Postby kellikbock » Sat Feb 12, 2011 06:44 pm

So, I've clearly been wishy-washy on this topice for that past two years, and I'm just about to just "throw in the towel", so to speak. I can't get the fear out of my head & I'm leaning toward adoption. It is kind of a bummer to admit defeat...
kellikbock

Re: It's Getting Closer

Postby aajatwins » Wed Mar 02, 2011 02:26 pm

Kelli, I don't think you should call it defeat at all. Choosing to be a mother through a different avenue, like adoption, could be a beautiful journey for you! My husband and I are signed up for the next round of foster/adoption classes in our city. And then we got pregnant :) But we are still going to go through with the classes because we are followers of Christ want to care for orphans as we're called - the foster/adoption journey is so much bigger than "us"! that is really "big picture", ya know? I wish you the best in whatever your decision will be and I pray you have peace about it.
{{hugs}}
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia