Sperm meets egg plan not working for us..

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
jules2

Re: Sperm meets egg plan not working for us..

Postby jules2 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 01:26 pm

We had this problem too Jean but obviously managed to get pregnant anyway. I was putting pressure on DH to "perform" at the right times (and he did mostly, lol), but that was hard going sometimes.We found it very stressful - but did get pregnant before too long.

I think the advice you have to try to relax is good advice but we could not follow that in practice, not after severe PE/HELLP and losing our daughter (and my age was also playing on our minds). I can only say just keep plugging away and you will get there....

Best wishes
May 2009 - Alice stillborn at 26 weeks due to severe PE and HELLP post-partum

2 early miscarriages

And then 4th pregnancy baby girl due 29th December 2010! Born safely after totally normal pregnancy on 17th December.

alexa5

Postby alexa5 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 08:51 am

Stop putting so much pressure on yourselves. Unless you have known fertility issues, there is no reason to think the old fashion way won't work. For me, it seemed to happen when we were trying the least and just enjoying it. My doc said don't do any ovulation kits, etc. for 6 months- just have sex a few times a week randomly, so it did not feel like there was a weight over us. That was the best advice. Of course in the back of my head, I sort of knew my ovulation days anyway but then the sex seemed more unplanned and spontaneous like we were enjoying it for the moment rather than just focusing on baby making.
I agree with this completely.

jean

Postby jean » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:48 am

Angieb-how did the preseed not work for you guys..I remember someone said it was sticky/and it burned...was that the reason, or did it make things not work function correctly.... my hubby and I tried it and it seems to be ok....I'm wondering which days are most important if we had to eliminate some....the 2 days when my opk gives me the smiley face, or the every other day beforehand...

I worry that if we don't get in this 2 yr window we will be even more scared. It does put the pressure on. :( Trying to put it in the back of my mind so I don't stress about it.
Last edited by jean on Tue Jan 04, 2011 07:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

angieb

Postby angieb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:52 pm

We had trouble every time I used pre-seed. And there were times that I wasn't using it that it was just too much. Honestly, every other day in the 5 days before you ovulate should cover your bases pretty well (and bonus if you can get a try on the day that you ovulate). Don't worry so much about following the plan and just do the best you can.

My ob actually recommended using opks, and I don't really think very highly of medical professionals who subscribe to the "just relax and you'll get pregnant" theory. Obviously less stress is a good thing for your mental health and physical health, but it's not going to necessarily help get you pregnant any faster and in fact "relaxing" and not doing things that might help you get pregnant (ie. pinpointing ovulation and timing intercourse appropriately), might actually make it take longer. That being said, I wouldn't stress out about not being able to follow the plan exactly, just do the best you can. We had months when we followed the plan perfectly and still did not get pregnant. (And months that we were totally relaxed because we hadn't realized I'd ovulated, didn't get pregnant on those either.) I ultimately ended up getting pregnant on a cycle when we had lots of intercourse before and after ovulation, plus an IUI-insemination, (it was our first cycle trying an IUI, my fertility doctor didn't really think it was necessary but was willing to let us try it), even though the IUI definitely took some of the pressure off, we were both plenty stressed.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:08 pm

Being as how you had a huge loss last time I wonder if your husband- maybe unconsciously- has some trepidation about trying again and potentially experiencing another loss? If that's so maybe just talking about it with you will help.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:25 am

Stop putting so much pressure on yourselves. Unless you have known fertility issues, there is no reason to think the old fashion way won't work. For me, it seemed to happen when we were trying the least and just enjoying it. My doc said don't do any ovulation kits, etc. for 6 months- just have sex a few times a week randomly, so it did not feel like there was a weight over us. That was the best advice. Of course in the back of my head, I sort of knew my ovulation days anyway but then the sex seemed more unplanned and spontaneous like we were enjoying it for the moment rather than just focusing on baby making.
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

jean

Sperm meets egg plan not working for us..

Postby jean » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:36 am

The sperm meets egg plan does not seem to be working for us. Does anyone know if there's an abbreviated version of it out there?
Last edited by jean on Tue Jan 04, 2011 07:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”