My heart is racing

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
ktsl123

Re: My heart is racing

Postby ktsl123 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks you guys. I calmed down a bit especially since it was just one time it has to be a small chance I am pregnant. My friend suggested the plan B emergency pill, but I didn't bother taking it. I feel wrong doing that especially since I am married. When it comes to actually being pregnant. I feel like I will feel relieved that the idea of getting pregnant will be done and over, but I do feel like I am going to worry myself sick. I am naturally a huge worrier.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09

angieb

Postby angieb » Mon Jan 03, 2011 08:15 pm

It's been the opposite for me, I wasn't really that afraid while TTC, but pregnancy has made everything a million times worse. I'm crazy paranoid. (It doesn't help that we are rapidly approaching the time that I got sick the first time around.)

Anyway, I wouldn't worry *too much* about the "oops" just yet. Even a couple with perfectly timed intercourse and no fertility issues only has like a 20% chance of conceiving in any given month, and if you only had one oops in your entire fertile period, there's a good chance you aren't/won't be pregnant. That being said, I'd start looking for a high risk doctor and try to get the testing done ASAP so you can have that out of the way.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

lizard

Postby lizard » Mon Jan 03, 2011 03:02 pm

and to add to what jenn said...my fears kinda slipped away once i was pregnant too. then of course i did go thru the normal worries in the beginning and then as i got further worrying about PE coming on again and now that i am 33 almost 34 wks i am just excited and hoping to make it and have itleast a 6lb baby! but is it funny how once you take the plunge it really feels better somehow...the worries don't completely dissapear but they fade and are managable and you really do take it once trimester at a time i guess. good luck!!

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 01:35 pm

I agree with Lizard. I had same experience. I was willing to try initially but after having 2 miscarriage- one late - I decided I was not emotionally ready to go through that. On May 1st our community had a garage sale and we sold almost all of our baby stuff because we had pretty much decided that my husband would go get a vascetomy. Not because I didn't want another child- but because I was scared to death. On May 5th I was going to New Orleans for a business trip and my husband was coming along with me for the first time in ages and I felt so tired the few days before that I decided to take a pregnancy test just to put myself at ease so I could have a few cocktails on bourbon street. Needless to say- I was pregnant- how about that for timing! We did have a small oopsie too!

The funny thing is that once you are pregnant- everything else falls away. I was deathly scared- 1st trimester I was afraid of miscarriage, then weeks 20-30 I was worried about having a preemie. Today I am worrying about my c-section scheduled tomorrow. But tomorrow I will be 39 weeks and have no PE/HELLP. Early in the pregnancy I decided that whatever happened would happen and that this would be our last shot. Since I knew that it would be my last pregnancy regardless if I had a live baby or not, I tried to enjoy every moment- even when I was terrified. I also talked on the forum and more to my husband and docs about my fears, which seemed to help.

I wish you the best whatever life brings you.
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

lizard

Postby lizard » Mon Jan 03, 2011 09:19 am

i had a similar experience. i was terrified to get pregnant again. terrified. i had PE and delivered my son at 33wks. he was small but perfect and now 3 and still perfect. i feel super lucky. i too wanted a sibling for him but didn't know if i could go through PE/NICU etc again. right before my son turned 3 i got tested for everything under the sun. all came back normal. come to find out i was probably just barely pregnant right after all those tests. i kept thinking, omg, what if these tests come back and something is wrong with me and i am pregnant, i can't do this again. freaking out. here i am at 33 wks pregnant and doing awesome. no PE and i hoping to make it full term! i TOTALLY can relate to your feelings. i would say go asap and get all your bloodwork done and take it from there.

one thing i have learned these past 33 wks is worrying is POINTLESS. what's going to happen is going to happen. it took me a long time to get to that frame of mind. but worrying for not was stressing me out. a few things i did this time around for my peace of mind and because i thought it would help is acupuncture, prental yoga, LDA and i stopped working at 28wks.

you can do this. don't get on the crazy train until you have to! get your tests done, take a deep breath and BELIEVE. i did a lot of meditation as well. or visualizing i should say. it helped ME. good luck!! keep us posted :)

ktsl123

My heart is racing

Postby ktsl123 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:12 pm

I wasn't planning on TTC until my son turned 2 in about 6 months. On New Years eve I felt myself ovulating ( I get cramps when ovulating) Then that night my husband and I had an oopsie...I should say on his part. I am actually very upset because I am not ready to be pregnant and he knows that. I wanted to have blood testing for disorders and deficiences done and find a high risk Dr first. I am actually feeling kind of terrified. I had my son because of PE at 35 weeks and now that I could potentially be pregnant all those scared feelings of being in the hospital and not knowing if my baby would be ok being 5 weeks early just came flooding back to me. I realized how much I am scared, most of all I am afraid of something happening to me (dyeing). At the same time I tell myself that I will be ok because I have high risk Dr's and I will be watching myself like a hawk. I love my son more than words and feel so selfish sometimes to risk having another child, but at the same time I would feel bad not letting him have a slibling to grow up with. I am also of course terrified of losing a child. I am not a strong enough person to deal with anything like that.
I am just so scared of being pregnant. It takes so long!! It is the longest waiting game and the whole time I feel like I would just be waiting and waiting to get PE.
phewwwww I feel a little better writing down my thoughts. I feel like my heart rate is up.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”