Looking for TTC study participants

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
camcbrid

Re: Looking for TTC study participants

Postby camcbrid » Tue Feb 01, 2011 08:05 am

I am the study coordinator, and you can contact me at [email protected] with any questions.

We are focusing on the northeast region of the United States because of concerns about travel, but if anyone is willing to come from further away, we certainly would not deny you! The main concern is that while we can offer some funds for reimbursement and travel expenses, the further you travel, the more it costs. Unfortunately we do have a limited budget.

Since this board is composed of women who are trying to conceive, we would love to include as many of you as possible, as well as any women who are in the "considering" stage of prepregancy! And if you are not interested/eligible for inclusion, please inform any friends or family member who may be able to travel to Vermont.

Good luck with conception and subsequent HEALTHY pregnancies!

Carole McBride
Clinical Research Coordinator
Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of Vermont College of Medicine
Burlington, VT 05405
(802) 656-0309

eleni
Site Admin

Postby eleni » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:32 am

I would suggest you contact the Study Coordinator directly. Her email address is in the article on our website, here: http://www.preeclampsia.org/research-to ... cal-trials

It does involve a limited number of on-site visits, but she'll be able to send you an overview of the study and answer any and all questions you might have. We have run the study proposal through our medical review team to ensure that you as a participant would be safe and that it has relevance to preeclampsia research.
Eleni Z. Tsigas
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation

2x PE survivor; 29 week daughter died, 35 week IUGR son made it after 2 weeks of NICU fun; 3rd pregnancy PE-free resulted in strapping 8 pounder son, born at term.

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 pm

I just read about this study and wondered what it involves? Regular visits in Vermont? Is there more info about this and what exactly researchers are trying to find out and/or will be looking at?
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
H (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
M (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:57 pm

Looks like they're looking for folks in the north east only
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Thu Jan 13, 2011 05:37 pm

ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!! We are TTC
Delissa (38) Darrell (45)

1-Rissa-Janelle "Darren" King 20+1 June 6, 2009 10:33 p.m. to June 6, 2009 11:53 p.m. 6.8 ounces. Severe PIH, Severe Preeclampsia and Severe HELLP. No diagnosed underlying condition.

2-TTC as of August 30, 2010
8-15-2011 Now infertility is a issue. We will be doing IUI.

eleni
Site Admin

Looking for TTC study participants

Postby eleni » Thu Jan 13, 2011 01:13 pm

If you haven't seen it already, we just posted an article about a research study in Vermont that is interested in recruiting preeclampsia survivors. See info about this here: http://www.preeclampsia.org/research/learn-more. Rest assured that any studies that we post on our website have not only gone through a formal IRB process (meaning they have been approved by a human subjects review committee), but our own scientific and ethics review committee has also approved the study to ensure it is a preeclampsia-related investigation.

Eleni Tsigas
Executive Director
Eleni Z. Tsigas
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation

2x PE survivor; 29 week daughter died, 35 week IUGR son made it after 2 weeks of NICU fun; 3rd pregnancy PE-free resulted in strapping 8 pounder son, born at term.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”