Did I wait too long to TTC?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
bordergurl72

Re: Wanting to TTC, but scared waited too long

Postby bordergurl72 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 08:50 pm

bump.

any words of advice out there? :(
Anne, 39
DH, 47
Daughter born March 2005 at 38 weeks at only 4 1/2 lbs. by emergency c-section. Severe PE, HELLP & IUGR.
36 weeks of carefree PG, then it all went downhill and had an excruciating 2 weeks of pain and brushing off by Dr's until being properly diagnosed and delivered at 38 weeks. Since then have been diagnosed with celiac (2009) and Hashimoto's (2011).
Terrified to TTC, but really want to TTC.

bordergurl72

Did I wait too long to TTC?

Postby bordergurl72 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 00:04 am

I have been coming here off and on since the birth of our daughter in 2005. Now almost 6 years later, I feel I am finally mentally getting ready to want to TTC. I had such extreme fear and panic over what I went through with my pregnancy, but my desire for a sibling for our daughter, is finally starting to outweigh my fear.

I saw an MFM in 2007 for a pre-conception consult and was basically given the green-light and given a 30% of PE/HELLP happening again. I was given all the blood testing and found out the only thing I had is ACA, which they said wouldn't be a big concern, but would have me take a LDA. I also discovered, I didn't have the "P' of HELLP, not sure if that makes anything better, but I just thought it was interesting. I went into that appointment thinking I would be given a 5% chance and that, that would be too much, but 30% definitely seemed too much for me. So, I didn't TTC. I also wasn't thrilled that the MFM had a kind of hands-off approach and said I would only see him when my OB recommended it, and just didn't get a warm feeling from him.

In 2009 I found out I have celiac, so autoimmune disorder #1. Hopefully there are not others, though from what I have read about ACA, that may be one too.

Fast-forward to the end of 2010, and I met with a second MFM (I have moved since the first appointment and am now in a new city). This doctor looked over my old bloodwork, which I had, had done twice previously. He agreed the ACA wasn't a big deal, and that I would be on LDA. He also gave me 25% chance of it happening again. A bit smaller, but I am not thrilled with those chances. He did say he was concerned how I would handle everything mentally, since I am obviously pretty anxious about it.

He actually told me to start LDA asap before TTC. But of course, I am scared of the risks of just taking LDA in general.

But now I have the fact that it has almost been 6 years since I had our daughter and I know I have read that adds to my risk of having it again....the more space, the greater risk? Oh, and t probably doesn't help that I am 38, to be 39 in July!

I am still scared, but I want another.....ugh, what to do? what to do??
Last edited by bordergurl72 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 06:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anne, 39
DH, 47
Daughter born March 2005 at 38 weeks at only 4 1/2 lbs. by emergency c-section. Severe PE, HELLP & IUGR.
36 weeks of carefree PG, then it all went downhill and had an excruciating 2 weeks of pain and brushing off by Dr's until being properly diagnosed and delivered at 38 weeks. Since then have been diagnosed with celiac (2009) and Hashimoto's (2011).
Terrified to TTC, but really want to TTC.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”