Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
norlisa k

Re : OMG!

Postby norlisa k » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:58 am

Congratulations, Lany! [:)][:D][8D] I'm soo happy for you! Thank you for sharing this with us! Wishing you a happy, healthy nine months...

Big congratulatory hug,

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Coordinator / Moderator, Mothers of Multiples / Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
(essential hypertension diagnosed before pregnancy, post-partum preeclampsia)
DH, Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven (9/16/02)
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 2/7 weeks, 5/26/03

Postby lany » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:54 am

Oh my goodness…I got a + + + sign! I’m pregnant. [:p] I was so sure that my body was giving my signals that af was soon to come. I even went out and purchased an ovulation kit, a basal body thermometer, and my monthly feminine products. On Saturday, I started charting just to get in practice even though af hadn’t come. I was getting temps of 98.8 and 98.7. I found that to be rather high, but I wasn’t sure b/c I had never charted before. By Tuesday evening, I knew something wasn’t right. So I had to sneak out to the store to buy a test. I know it sounds insane, but I promised dh that I wouldn’t waste anymore money on the hpt until we were absolutely sure. I tossed and turned all night…it was the longest night ever. Once morning hit, I was off the bathroom to test! I still can’t believe I got 2 lines. My husband was so shocked. I immediately called my OB and she was able to squeeze me in to see her that afternoon. We did all of the preliminary lab tests, and she ordered a 24 hour urine protein as well. My bp was 111/70 which is really great for me. I just pray it stays that low for the next 9 months. I’m so excited. We haven’t told anyone yet. We’re going to decide tonight when we tell our family. I can’t hold this much longer.

Thank you ladies so much for allowing me to share this with you. I really hope to hear of more exciting new from those of you who are ttc. Take care. [:D]

Lany 29
DH 34
DS 09/99 (born via emergency c/s~ 29wks~2lbs. 1.9oz.~Pre-E & HELLP)
#2 due March 5, 2005

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”