Ovulation and temperatures

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Ovulation and temperatures

Postby dja » Fri Jul 02, 2004 06:53 pm

Okay, I'm a bit confused. I had a + OPK yesterday - CD 14. This morning I was hoping to see my basal temp having gone up, but it was even lower than the mornings of CD 13 and 14. I did another OPK today, and it showed a slight + (which I realize is a negative according to the directions). Is it possible to have ovulated without seeing the temperature rise?

DJA
Mom to Amelia, b/d 03/19/04 @ 22 weeks due to sever PE
dja

Re : Ovulation and temperatures

Postby 5thtymachrm » Fri Jul 02, 2004 07:00 pm

remember those things have rules...lol which I just learned by reading the directions on mine. If it is a faint line, it isn't ovulation for my OPK. it has to be darker than the test line to be truly positive. Another thing to remember is that the OPK's aren't full proof and they are testing for the hormonal surge PRIOR to O. Your temp should drop down low then quickly rise, though some people have a slower rise. Your temp will ALWAYS rise after O until you reach your next start of a cycle when it will drop down a bit again.

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby dja » Fri Jul 02, 2004 07:27 pm

Hmmm... Well, on CD 14 it was a definite +, so I was giddy and hopeful all day. But no temp rise today. I am going to keep thinking positively and hope to see a rise tomorrow. Guess I was just convinced I'd ovulate at the full moon!

DJA
dja

Postby dja » Fri Jul 02, 2004 07:30 pm

Okay, call me crazy, but in fact, the full moon is tonight!

DJA
dja

Postby 5thtymachrm » Fri Jul 02, 2004 07:32 pm

:o) okay well maybe it was just getting it at 48hrs prior or something, I've got everything crossed for you! I didn't realize it was a full moon! its cloudy here. I had the same thing happen to me yesterday..lol, until I read the directions again, doh! I wasn't very happy today when I got the same reading.

are all of your other signs in line? CM, CP and the rest of your chart?

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby dja » Fri Jul 02, 2004 08:50 pm

Hi Elizabeth: My charting has been a bit off kilter since I had Amelia. My last cycle was 33 days instead of my pre-pregnancy norm of 27-28 days. My temps are about 3-4 tenths of a degree lower during the pre-O phase too. So I'm not sure what is up. The CM signs are tracking correctly. I've never worked out the CP part. So I will remain hopeful, and you never know about the full moon!

DJA
dja

Postby sandy » Fri Jul 02, 2004 09:13 pm

Hi DJA,
From what I know...a + result from an OPK means that you most likely will ovulate within the next 12-48 hours. Sometimes people see a pre-O dip in temps right before ovulation. It is possible to have a + OPK result (showing the leutinizing hormone at its peak) and then not O, but I think that's not very common, so let's just assume that's not what happened for you.

I'll tell you this...on my current cycle, I got a + OPK result, another + the very next day, then a -...then I stopped testing. Fertility Friend states that I didn't O until about 4 days after the first + result, so I guess those OPK's can be used as guides, but they can't be entirely relied upon.

My hunch is that you're very close to your O time...so keep BD'ing until you see significantly higher and sustained temps!

Good luck...

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently trying to catch an egg...
sandy

Postby dja » Sat Jul 03, 2004 09:27 am

Elizabeth, Sandy:

Good news - my temp was up this morning by about 1/2 a degree! I looked through my old charts, and when I conceived Amelia, I had a + OPK 3 days before seeing the temperature surge, and my notes show it was a questionable +. Soooo, what I'm experiencing now is pretty consistent with then. I am now hoping/praying for high temps for a solid 18 days! (In fact, after about 60 days of extremely low temps, I actually feel warmer - must be all in my head).

Babydust for everyone. Cheers!

DJA
dja

Postby angelkat » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:08 am

Have fun Bding!...

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby sjs40 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 01:41 pm

Hope you have fun bding! Just wanted to add that my experience of O testing was never 'normal' ! My temps are all over the place and even tho I have pretty regular cycles I can test with 14 OPK's and still not get a +. The best one was when I had been having hospital blood tests to check for ovulation and I had 3 x bfn's.....the next test they did was a positive pregnancy test! Ellie was on the way even though they had told me I hadn't ovulated!!

Sue (40)
Chris (37)
DD Eleanor Susan (Ellie)
born at 27wks severe PE
24 July 03 - 20 August 03
sjs40

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia