Detrimental to myself

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
jean

Detrimental to myself

Postby jean » Fri Feb 18, 2011 08:08 am

We've been trying for about 5 mos, and have had no luck at all. We've been trying so hard to do the sperm meets egg plan, but fail w/it every time. I've tried so many different strategies, I'm getting sooo frustrated. (And I haven't been pressuring him! But this month it was just too much for me...) I'm starting to think my hubby just cannot perform 2 days in a row. So I don't know how we "should be" trying. And when he does perform often, he says that he doesn't "produce much". :~(
So with trying this last month, we were all ready to go, but then things failed on his end, and I just absolutely broke down. Feeling devastated. I think my upset was detrimental to myself, because I don't believe that I ovulated this month because of it.

I know that the pressure causes problems, and then on top of it, the sex so often seems to be hard for him. I just don't know what to do. If we had sex less, when would we have it? Also, how long do you wait before talking to a doctor about it all? And what kind of a doctor does a guy go to for stuff like that?
What kind of tests do they do to look for fertility issues, and what is the cost of such tests?

We've eaten up a third of our "2 year window" and I am scared to death already. I am tempted to say we should close up shop after those 2 yrs are up because I got HELLP so badly and I think I had perm. damage to my spleen...so I don't want to try if there's no hope of doing any better at all.

I am just so completely devastated.
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”