Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Caryn--pls clarify the 2 year PE period.

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Caryn--pls clarify the 2 year PE period.

Postby claricemaala » Sun Feb 20, 2011 06:01 pm

by claricemaala (59 Posts), Sun Feb 20, 2011 06:01 pm

I have read on other post that there is this "2 year PE period". What this one does is that it allows us to hold the baby longer on the subsequent pregnancy since the spiral arteries are dilated from the previous pregnancy.
If you have articles on this I would love to read them.
Thanks
Mom to 6 year old. Born at 33 1/2 weeks after preeclampsia and abruptio placenta.
Angel boy -Michael- born 2/1/2010 at 31 weeks. Had pre eclampsia and hospital bedrest at 27 weeks. Died due to NEC. Forever loved and missed
Rainbow baby due Feb 2012. Hoping for a looooonnnnnnngggg uneventful pregnancy.
claricemaala

Re: Caryn--pls clarify the 2 year PE period.

Postby caryn » Fri Feb 25, 2011 09:33 pm

by caryn (10124 Posts), Fri Feb 25, 2011 09:33 pm

Huh -- I only just saw this, and I usually check the "new posts" button! Did you see this?: http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewt ... 12&t=42026
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: Caryn--pls clarify the 2 year PE period.

Postby claricemaala » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:38 pm

by claricemaala (59 Posts), Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Yes I did. I typed this before seeing the site. Did not know how to delete once posted. Thanks. Lots of great information. :)
Mom to 6 year old. Born at 33 1/2 weeks after preeclampsia and abruptio placenta.
Angel boy -Michael- born 2/1/2010 at 31 weeks. Had pre eclampsia and hospital bedrest at 27 weeks. Died due to NEC. Forever loved and missed
Rainbow baby due Feb 2012. Hoping for a looooonnnnnnngggg uneventful pregnancy.
claricemaala

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia