Day 60 something, no period, not even after Provera: Update!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Day 60 something, no period, not even after Provera: Update!

Postby riehlism » Tue Feb 22, 2011 08:04 pm

I've been posting updates on myself. I have not have a period since 12/24/2010, but it was confirmed by ultrasound that I did ovulate (2nd round of Clomid). My new RE gave me Provera to induce a period. Still no period and not pregnant for sure.

Has anyone had this problem? Confirmed ovulation and no period despite a Provera/progesterone withdrawal?
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Re: Day 60 something, no period, not even after Provera: Upd

Postby riehlism » Mon Feb 28, 2011 07:10 pm

I never got a period and was very concerned that my cycle was completely off. My friend is an OB and she said it was a good thing that I was able to have an induced period with prior rounds of Provera. She said that if I didn't get a period, that's not good for my cycle. So naturally, being 60+ days into the cycle with no period after Provera, I got very worried.

I decided I was going to call my RE today to report to him. Last night I decided to take a test, that way I could for sure tell him I wasn't pregnant.

Turns out...I AM!

Some concerns: when I saw my RE on 2/2/11 we did a vaginal U/S and labs. The U/S showed nothing other than I recently ovulated. The labs showed everything was normal except for progesterone. I know that Provera is progesterone variant, so if my progesterone was low, Provera probably supplemented my progesterone levels. I took a blood test today and my RE will be getting back to me regarding beta HCG, estrogen, and progesterone levels.

If my progesterone is still low, will I be starting to take progesterone too late? I'm just scared about miscarrying with low progesterone levels. I have no idea what the levels were a few weeks ago, other than "low."

**On a side note: For those of you who know me outside of the Forums...please keep it hush hush. We're planning on keeping it to ourselves for as long as we can.**
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
riehlism

Postby jean » Mon Feb 28, 2011 07:26 pm

Congrats! Why did you think you were not pregnant in your first post? Let us all know how things go!
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Postby riehlism » Mon Feb 28, 2011 07:37 pm

Thanks Jean! In my first post I had seen my RE and had a blood test, confirming I was not pregnant. So my RE placed my on Provera to induce a period. It never came and I got really frustrated thinking my cycle was all wacky and that I would have a really hard time getting pregnant.

So back then, all I knew was I wasn't getting a period, despite their efforts to force a period. That scared me. So I decided to test yesterday since I saw that some people had positive tests after failed Provera withdrawals. I thought, it can't hurt plus it will give my RE more info.

Then there they were...all 4 tests. I took more today just to see! :D

Of course, I'm trying not to get all worked up with excitement because we just never know what will happen.
riehlism

Postby cmccaffrey » Mon Feb 28, 2011 07:38 pm

Congrats! Please keep us updated!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Postby trish9 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 09:10 am

Congratulations! How exciting :D Wishing you an uneventful and LONG pregnancy!
Trish
Pre-eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks +2 days
My little love Alexander. Born and passed on January 3rd, 2010.
Underlying disorders: IgA nephropathy, chronic hypertension and Hashimoto's thyroiditis
trish9

Postby lauchlan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 03:27 pm

Congratulations!
Cindy
Grace - 3/14/04 - Born @ 33 weeks due to Preeclampsia and HELLP
Lily - 9/15/10 - Born at 39 weeks - No PE (Lovenox baby)

Promise Walk for Preeclampsia
Lansing, MI
Team Gracie Girl
lauchlan

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia