Maybe preg, maybe miscarrying-UPDATE (BAD BAD)

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Maybe preg, maybe miscarrying-UPDATE (BAD BAD)

Postby danielsmom » Sat Feb 26, 2011 03:02 pm

Ok this is weird. I had my cycle on day 26, 11 days ago. My cycles are usually 27-28 days, so I didn't think much of it being a day early. It was normal for me and lasted 5 days. Oh well, maybe better luck next time right? But then I keep spotting or having just a little color in my discharge (sorry TMI), and that's what led me to take a test this morning. Positive. I took another and got the same result. Hmmm...

I don't know what to think of this. I have no other symptoms whatsoever. I'm bummed that I didn't take the test almost 2 weeks ago, but I thought it was a true cycle. I could have already started progesterone (I needed it with Daniel and 2 early miscarriages). There could already be a heartbeat... ohmigosh... :shock: So I guess we're off to see my OB Monday.

Could fish oil alter a preg test? I take that now. I know I'm grasping straws.
Last edited by danielsmom on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.
danielsmom

Re: Maybe preg, maybe miscarrying

Postby frogibe » Sat Feb 26, 2011 05:27 pm

Could you go into a immediate care center to get blood work to check your HCG and progesterone. If it is low they can prescribe it and then you wouldn't be waiting days. Congrats and I hope everything goes well! Keep us updated! I am praying for you!
Jennifer(27) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We are expecting #3 in April 2013
frogibe

Postby danielsmom » Sat Feb 26, 2011 09:13 pm

I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier today. I could've gone to urgent care when it was open today, which here is different from the emergency room. The thought of the ER crossed my mind, but - and I know this is bad - I don't have much faith in them. My limited experience with it hasn't been good. I'm sure my OB will get me in first thing Monday. If I've miscarried, I think it's probably already happened. My OB is so thorough... I'm sure he'll figure out what's going on.

Thanks so much for the prayers! I know the Lord has a plan, and I trust in that.

Kristi
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.
danielsmom

Postby danielsmom » Mon Feb 28, 2011 06:54 pm

I got lab work done today. HCG level is high at 2,305, which is good indicating that we might see something on ultrasound, but progesterone is only 5.3 (they like to see 25). I've been thorugh this drill 3 times before. Low progesterone either means an impending miscarriage or that I need a supplement. With Daniel, it was 11 and that was a week less along than I think I am.

So, I am now taking progesterone and I'll have an ultrasound in the morning. I'm hoping to see a yolk sac or something, but I'm expecting it to be sort of anticlimactic because that won't mean that there's a live baby. But it could be!

I am TRYING to be patient.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
danielsmom

Re: Maybe preg, maybe miscarrying-UPDATE (BAD BAD)

Postby danielsmom » Tue Mar 01, 2011 01:19 pm

It appears we have a cornual ectopic pregnancy, worse than ectopic because it's in the interstitial portion of the fallopian tube where it meets the uterus. Continuing or ending the pregnancy (by operating) can rupture or damage my uterus, not to mention threaten my life. The doctor is hoping that he's wrong, and doesn't want to make any decisions to end it until we get a look next week to confirm what we see now. If we see the same thing, depending on how far along the baby is, I'll either take medication or get operated on to miscarry.

I'm NUMB, not angry, not happy, maybe a little sad. One thing that became rooted in my DNA with Daniel's pregnancy is that we don't always know all things. Daniel was supposed to have Downs, not live, etc. But here he is, healthy and normal, never in my wildest dreams did I think with all the evidence and circumstances that it would be so. Do I have hope? Not really. But I trust the Lord and not my own understanding. One foot in front of the other.

My husband and I would really appreciate the prayers.
Kristi
Diagnosed with MTHFR
danielsmom

Postby trish9 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 06:22 pm

Kristi, I am sorry to hear this latest news. Hopefully things will look better with the next ultrasound. I will say a prayer for you and your family.
Trish
Pre-eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks +2 days
My little love Alexander. Born and passed on January 3rd, 2010.
Underlying disorders: IgA nephropathy, chronic hypertension and Hashimoto's thyroiditis
trish9

Postby kerisue » Tue Mar 01, 2011 09:47 pm

Kristi, what awful, scary news. I hope that next week's ultrasound tells you something different, but if it doesn't then I hope for the ending that is easiest on your body and preserves your fertility. I will keep you in my prayers.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby frogibe » Wed Mar 02, 2011 03:21 pm

I am saying a prayer right now for you. What scary news! I hope everything works out. Keep us updated.
Jennifer(27) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We are expecting #3 in April 2013
frogibe

Postby jean » Wed Mar 02, 2011 06:11 pm

I am so sorry! Just said a prayer for you!
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Postby riehlism » Mon Mar 07, 2011 06:54 pm

How are you doing Kristi?
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia