Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Maybe preg, maybe miscarrying-UPDATE (BAD BAD)

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re: Maybe preg, maybe miscarrying-UPDATE (BAD BAD)

Postby danielsmom » Tue Mar 08, 2011 00:37 am

by danielsmom (290 Posts), Tue Mar 08, 2011 00:37 am

Thanks for checking up on me. I've been wanting to post all day, but it's been a busy one. I'm going to start posting in the preg again, forum (dare I hope?), but I'll keep following this one too. You girls are always on my mind and I'm emotionally invested and hoping to see BFPs and long boring pregnancies with you all.

My dr appointment was moved up to today because my OB's wife is having surgery tomorrow and will be out for 2 weeks. Today he did an ultrasound on me and said he's liking today's picture a whole lot better than last week! He's allowing that this pregnancy, though it's very left of center in the uterus or "eccentric", could be normal... which for us means it's in the uterine lining and not in the cornua (where the fallopian tube meets the uterus). He did remind me that cornual ectopic pregnancies are the HARDEST of all ectopics to diagnose. He gave me the option to terminate, but we're going to stay the course. We're gambling here a little. To be clear on this, I could rupture without much warning, and hemorrage is a real concern especially now that I'm adding Lovenox to my blood thinner cocktails today. I know the risks, but I feel completely at peace with this.

And the heartbeat was 115 bpm! We're 6 weeks 4 days. I go back in 2 weeks.

Sounds good huh?
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.
danielsmom

Re: Maybe preg, maybe miscarrying-UPDATE (BAD BAD)

Postby trish9 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:01 am

by trish9 (74 Posts), Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:01 am

I'm so glad that you had a chance to post an update, I've been wondering how you are doing. Hopefully all continues to look okay with this little bean. Take care and keep us posted as you can.
Trish
Pre-eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks +2 days
My little love Alexander. Born and passed on January 3rd, 2010.
Underlying disorders: IgA nephropathy, chronic hypertension and Hashimoto's thyroiditis
trish9

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia