Post Reply FAQ Members Login

More hope for you TTC girls

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

More hope for you TTC girls

Postby aajatwins » Wed Mar 02, 2011 02:19 pm

by aajatwins (476 Posts), Wed Mar 02, 2011 02:19 pm

I have been absent from the forums for a couple of months now. TTC was getting so sad for me and I just needed to spend more time with God and let Him handle things. I just wanted to spead some more hope because I know this forum can be particularly challenging!

My first pregnancy, it took us 2 months to get pregnant - that was it! I just thought that was normal then. I know now that there was nothing normal about that pregnancy :) But we really wanted more children, so we tried... for 8 months!! That seemed like forever, but I'm now pregnant. I'm only 5 weeks or so, so I have no idea how this time around will go, but I trust God to take care of it.

It is so hard to let go and not try to control it all, but that is usually what works the best. I wish you all the best!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re: More hope for you TTC girls

Postby jean » Wed Mar 02, 2011 06:13 pm

by jean (675 Posts), Wed Mar 02, 2011 06:13 pm

How often/when did you have sex to make it finally take?
I'm glad you are pg! We're on our 5th month of trying and I am feeling sooo frustrated.
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Postby riehlism » Wed Mar 02, 2011 07:24 pm

by riehlism (655 Posts), Wed Mar 02, 2011 07:24 pm

Hey! I'm about 5 weeks along or so too. Congratulations!

If I can chime in to put my two cents in for Jean...

It took 2 rounds of Clomid. The first cycle I ovulated right at 14 days, but I got a BFN and had to use Provera to get a period. We baby danced every day...sometimes more that once a day.

The second round showed I was days away from ovulation. I actually lost my drive and around that time probably had sex maybe twice a week. I never got a period, even with Provera and I blamed it on PCOS and an extremely crappy cycle. From my guess, I ovulated day 30+, even after Clomid and only had sex 2-3x/wk max.

Are you charting at all, or using any fertility medication?
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Postby aajatwins » Thu Mar 03, 2011 07:20 am

by aajatwins (476 Posts), Thu Mar 03, 2011 07:20 am

Jean, I always hated charting!! Honestly, I never know when I ovulate (except that I really feel "randy" on those days), I guess because of my endometriosis. I know the cervical mucus is supposed to tell you and I feel like I can see a change, but not a great one. Every cycle was a different length too(all within 5 days or so). I would just try to get us baby dancing around day 10 and do it every other day (or as often as I felt like) until day 18. My husband says he can tell when ovulate just by how I act, but we just had to stop putting pressure on ourselves to make it happen. Stress so affects our cycles! Also, I did lay on my back afterwards with a towel rolled up under my hips for about 5 or 10 mins. This might be TMI, but I have a very posterior cervix (so my OB says), so I think the propping up helped. I never went as far as ovulation kits because I thought it would make it less fun/more pressured. I stopped testing because I hated the build up/let down. this month I just knew I could test on day 34 because I was close to throwing up :)

And to be perfectly honest, my prayer life got very serious in the last month or so and I was completely relying on God to get me through it!
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Thu Mar 03, 2011 07:22 am

by aajatwins (476 Posts), Thu Mar 03, 2011 07:22 am

And congratulations, Jasmin!!
I pray we both have long, healthy, uneventul pregnancies!!
Hubby (27)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby jean » Thu Mar 03, 2011 08:03 am

by jean (675 Posts), Thu Mar 03, 2011 08:03 am

Jasmin-yep..charting, OPKing.....no fert. meds, but I heard that a person has to be trying unsuccessfully for a year to be able to go in to the Dr. to get meds like that....
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

jean

Postby riehlism » Thu Mar 03, 2011 01:49 pm

by riehlism (655 Posts), Thu Mar 03, 2011 01:49 pm

I dislike charting as well. Are you ovulating regularly?

I was charting and every time I thought I ovulated, I didn't get my period. I finally started on Clomid and it seemed to help. Have you been seen by an RE? Maybe it's a hormonal thing that can be addressed with a supplement, instead of fertility meds (if you're shy about using that kind of medication).
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
riehlism

Postby jean » Thu Mar 03, 2011 06:28 pm

by jean (675 Posts), Thu Mar 03, 2011 06:28 pm

I haven't seen an RE...how long do you have to be trying before you go talk to one?
I do think my hormones are messed up. I have no sex drive (but that could be due to what happened with our son and getting HELLP and all...) and my skin is sooo dry. (Though that could be just from dry air too!)
According to my charts and OPKs I am ovulating regularly...so I don't know. Just feeling incredibly frustrated. I really feel like banging my head against the wall. It's so unfair..

jean

Postby riehlism » Thu Mar 03, 2011 07:59 pm

by riehlism (655 Posts), Thu Mar 03, 2011 07:59 pm

I would just ask my OB for a referral. Or, if you have a PPO you can typically self-refer to an RE. Ovulation might not be your problem, if you're ovulating regularly. Sometimes when women have problems with progesterone, they can ovulated but are unable to sustain a pregnancy. Progesterone helps thicken the lining of the uterus to allow sold implantation of the embryo.

In any case, I'm sure there are a host of things that can mess with getting pregnant, and starting with an RE might be good. You've been charting so that should give him/her plenty of information.

All it takes is some blood work, and possibly at different parts of your cycle, to see if something is wrong in that department. If everything checks out ok, then maybe all you need is kick up the baby dance into high gear. :lol:
riehlism

Postby jean » Thu Mar 03, 2011 08:16 pm

by jean (675 Posts), Thu Mar 03, 2011 08:16 pm

Thanks for the information-I really appreciate it!!

jean

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia