Post Reply FAQ Members Login

TMI Question

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

TMI Question

Postby alimarie » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:40 am

by alimarie (530 Posts), Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:40 am

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this. forgive me for the bluntness.

a few days ago (cd 15 or so) my left nipple was extremely sore when i woke up....firt thought i had was, well there has been no trauma or ruffness to it so it didn't make sense to me. it was sore all day very irritated if touched by my clothes or bumped. my left breast even looked a little enlarged, especially the areaola. i read later that night that sometimes that can be a sign of ovulation (good to know)

well, skip ahead to last night and i noticed that i have some discharge from it if i squeeze it. similar to what i experienced when i was breastfeeding but not near as much. so anyway, the pain is gone but still this morning i can get a bit of liquid out if i try. i don't think it is "leaking" on it's own just when i check it.

what do you guys make of this? you were the first people i thought of to ask because we share a whole lot of TMI around here! i knew you guys wouldn't write me off.

i am hoping maybe i am crazy and seeing early signs of pregnancy;......just hoping!!!!!!

thanks

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Re : TMI Question

Postby catherine » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:00 am

by catherine (2832 Posts), Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:00 am

Alimarie, I think that you might want to consider showing that to your doctor. I know that asymmetric changes to breast tissue and discharge of any kind is something that needs checking. With any luck it will turn out to be confirmation that pregnancy hormones are flooding your system [:)].

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sun Jul 04, 2004 02:41 pm

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Sun Jul 04, 2004 02:41 pm

definitly call your doc, sometimes certain medications can do that also. good luck

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby alimarie » Sun Jul 04, 2004 04:10 pm

by alimarie (530 Posts), Sun Jul 04, 2004 04:10 pm

thanks i am hoping it is going to be good news and not something scary. thankfully all the weird changes are gone....pain and swelling, but now with the little discharge. who knows. now i am extra nervous. oh well

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia