Had my preconception visit today.

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Had my preconception visit today.

Postby preemomof2 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 06:06 pm

Hi all,

Well, I am officially on board to start ttc. I saw my MFM and he gave me the green light. He seemed optimistic, eventhough, he is a very serious doctor. He is actually the chief of staff at the practice. I was nervous because I have lupus, I'm 38, and I lost my baby girl at 22.5 weeks in july 2010. I feel as though I have so many things against me. I'm scared, but, I refuse to let lupus and pre-e dictate my life. My good friend died in July 2010 bc of pre-e, so I want to go into this armed with knowledge and monitored closely. I'm so glad I have this site to turn to for advice. Although my doctor wants me to stay off the internet, I am so thankful this site exists.
preemomof2

Re: Had my preconception visit today.

Postby cmccaffrey » Wed Mar 16, 2011 06:44 pm

Congratulations on the green light. I am sorry that you had to loose your baby girl in order to get the care that you need... there are so many of us on this forum that are in the same boat. Best wishes to you and good luck trying to conceive!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Postby kerisue » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Congrats on getting the Image
We're remarkably similar except that I don't have lupus and didn't get the green light to ttc quite yet. Soon though. Good luck to you!
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby trish9 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 01:07 pm

Hi Marjorie, Congratulations on the green light! We hope to get ours at our upcoming appt on the 28th. I can so relate to your situation. We are the same age and I also have a major underlying condition in my kidney disease. We also share a pretty sad similar history with PE :( I decided too that I'm not going let the kidney disease and pre-e run my life - if I let all my fears of "what if" control me, then I might as well have just died last year. I'm trying to control the things that I can (diet, exercise) and try as best I can not to stress about the things that I can't. Please keep me posted on how you are doing. Hopefully in the near future we can both share stories about healthy pregnancies!!
Trish
Pre-eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks +2 days
My little love Alexander. Born and passed on January 3rd, 2010.
Underlying disorders: IgA nephropathy, chronic hypertension and Hashimoto's thyroiditis
trish9

Postby fineolin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 04:06 pm

Trish,

I am so glad that I have partners to take this journey with me. I agree with you, the only thing we can control is diet and exercise. Although, I think Iam going to rest more than exercise. Everything else i will leave to the universe. Hopefully, we will not be on this forum for too long, and we will join the pregnant again forum. Goodness, I can hear my clock ticking as i type.

Kerisue,

You keep getting your body in good health. Someone once said, that the biggest risk a person takes, is not taking a risk at all. I believe having a baby is the biggest risk worth taking.
Marjorie (39)
Miscarriage at 8 weeks (2006)
Had to terminate pregnancy at 22.5 weeks, July 2010 , due to Pre-e.
Miss my baby girl, Hailey rose everyday. I will never give up.
Pregnant again, due in July. Dear God, I leave it in your hands. I feel so blessed.
Miscarried at 8.5 weeks. Devastated and Sad.
fineolin

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia