how late is late?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : how late is late?

Postby arj » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:45 am

I have a girlfriend who got pregnant by only missing the 1st pill in her pack and then doubling up on it the next day. She said that she always did that and never thought anything of it.... Well, it caught up to her!! Apparently that is why you have to be perfect with them. I have heard that this is pretty common with Ortho-Tricyclen.

I'm glad that you are at least excited about the possibility! Good luck with everything, and considering how many buns in the ovens there are amongst the gals here, it wouldn't surprise me if we are sending you "CONGRATULATIONS" very soon.

Allison (28)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. PE at 40 weeks

how late is late?

Postby wcarder » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:36 am

ok, with my noodle being nearly five, it's been awhile since the pregnancy thing. my period has been MIA for three days... and is usually very prompt. we aren't ttc per se - although it's the topic of many discussions. we wanted to have a little critter asap after the wedding - we were just married in april, but our fear of PE has kept us from taking the leap and throwing out the pills. However, i have been very absent minded with them, and wonder if there's a chance - maybe its wishful thinking. maybe it's divine intervention, because DH and I are being such big weenies. anyway, i kind of have a glimmer of excitement, and it is a nice change, as the contemplation of GETTING pregnant is scary, but for some reason the contemplation of BEING pregnant is thrilling. even if this is a false alarm, i'm happy with the way that i feel about possibly being pregnant. to me, it's a signal that i AM ready to give it another go and try for baby number two. [:I]it's like a whole big revelation... so, anyway, i'm just suddenly very excited and wanted to share it with y'all. it's better to wonder aloud with you than dh or friends and family this early in the game, but i had to tell someone!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”