Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Anyone told they needed lovenox with next pregnancy??

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Anyone told they needed lovenox with next pregnancy??

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Mon Mar 21, 2011 09:57 pm

by holly3372@msn.com (478 Posts), Mon Mar 21, 2011 09:57 pm

Was told I should be on lovenox for my next pregnancy. I lost my son in august.He was born at 26 weeks from severe pre-e and IUGR. He lived for 4 mnths in the nicu . I also found out I had a 12 to 15 percent area of clotting in my placenta. I have been tested for every clotting and autoimune difficiency that they have a test for and all were negative. I have never had a miscarriage or DVT. My Ob and hematologist feel as a precaution I should take the lovenox. Most of the women I hear about on this med have had miscarriages ,dvt's,or some clotting/autoimune disorder. Was wondering is anyone has any words,thank you.
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Re: Anyone told they needed lovenox with next pregnancy??

Postby cmccaffrey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 pm

by cmccaffrey (458 Posts), Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 pm

I have been told that I will be on Lovenox... I have had a DVT, but it was only after pregnancy and a c-section and so far I have tested negative for clotting disorders. I have never had a miscarriage. Both my hematologist and perinatologist said that when a woman has severe preeclampsia and iugr before 34 weeks that they suspect an underlying condition and usually recommend lovenox even when testing is negative. I asked if they would recommend lovenox had I not experienced a DVT and they both said yes because my placenta had 5% infarctions which I guess is a type of clotting? I have no idea... I am sure everything is just trial and error.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia