Got a + this morning and am already scared to death

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Got a + this morning and am already scared to death

Postby jean » Fri Apr 01, 2011 08:11 am

This morning I got a positive, and I am already feeling sick with fear. Though it's stil waaay early...(if any of you know me elsewhere online, please don't say anything to anyone...I don't want this getting out until I'm further along_) Plus I only took one test..it could be a false test..I'll have to pick up another at the store later.

I've been stressed lately, and sick...had a fall apart crying day earlier this week, so I worry that all of that would not affect implantation well.

I'm also scared to death since my OB does not want me to take lda. AND I do not have ANY symptoms of pregnancy. I don't know when symptoms usually start, but that really scares me too. Last time when I was pg I had a lot of watery discharge..I don't even have that this time (as of yet anyway)..

Really scared..

I've been sick and have been taking cough drops daily to get through work...I hope that hasn't hurt anything..
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Re: Got a + this morning and am already scared to death

Postby lornarose » Fri Apr 01, 2011 08:44 am

Dear Jean

Loads of hugs and love to you. Good luck. Big kisses from Ireland. Hope a rub of the green will bring you good fortune and luck. loads of love and wishing you a great outcome. lorn xx
Momma to Emma born 34wplus 3 ,October, 2010,due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.In NICU due to low birth weight and suspected sepsis, home after nearly 4 weeks.
lornarose

Postby trish9 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 09:03 am

OMG Jean! How exciting! I'm sending positive vibes your way :D I can relate to your feeling scared - my husband and I only got a green light to try a few days ago and I'm already scared! I hope you get a confirmed positive and are on your way to a long successful pregnancy!
Trish
Pre-eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks +2 days
My little love Alexander. Born and passed on January 3rd, 2010.
Underlying disorders: IgA nephropathy, chronic hypertension and Hashimoto's thyroiditis
trish9

Postby rosalinda » Fri Apr 01, 2011 09:39 am

Jean..how terrifyingly exciting! If it is so...then I wish you nothing but the best.
I suffered from panic attacks whenever I took my BP during my last pregnancy so I bought myself some "soothing" sounds
CD's...and I would always play those and take deep breaths whenever it was time to take my BP at home.

The point is...do whatever, and find whatever it takes to help you relax and NOT have panic attacks :)

I can't wait for the + confirmation and to read all about your journey.
-Elissa, January 2007: stillborn at 25 weeks, severe PE, IUGR, reverse-end diastolic flow
- Chronic hypertension as of November 2007
-missed miscarriage Feb 2009
- Ismael Jaden, June 2010, 36 wks, oligohydramnios & rising BP's, my wonderful little man & the love of my life
- Janelle, September 2011, 24wks, 3days. complete placental abruption & DIC, stillborn
rosalinda

Postby frogibe » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:33 am

Congrats!! I am sooo happy and excited for you! I felt the same way for at least a month. I am just now calming down a bit. It is only natural to feel scared when you have been through what you have! Just know you have your own little guardian angel looking over you and this baby! ;0)
Jennifer(27) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We are expecting #3 in April 2013
frogibe

Postby ktsl123 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 01:18 pm

Just wanted to tell that me and quite a few of my friends had absolutely no pregnnacy symptoms. Except feeling hungry!! So don't worry about not feeling anything. Most people that do get symptoms get them around 6-7 weeks it seems. BTW congratulations that you are prego!!
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09
ktsl123

Postby aajatwins » Fri Apr 01, 2011 01:44 pm

Yay, Jean!! I hope it's a real +!! I'm told it's nearly impossible to get a false +.
the week before I found out I was pregnant this time, I had a crying breakdown, too ... I think the hormones were just setting in. but I didn't have much in the way of symptoms until a week or so later.

I'm praying for a long and safe pregnancy for you!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby jean » Fri Apr 01, 2011 05:57 pm

Thanks everybody..I took another test and got another positive! (It was one of those answer tests with 2 lines...the 2nd line was not as strong/dark as the first..hopefully that doesn't mean anything bad...it wasn't faint though, just lighter)
Anyway...that's good to know about the symptoms...when I got pg the first time I "felt different"..so I knew I was pg but this time, I haven't felt anything...now I'm just feeling nerves and fear! Eek! I will keep everyone updated along the way on everything!
I'm just so scared..a lot of ppl on here seem to get a lot farther the second time around, but they were on lda..and my ob doesn't want me to use it b/c of how I went into HELLP last time and my blood was already way too thin.....yikes..I am such a worrier..
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Congrats! You are an inspiration to me.We lost our son this past august,he lived 4 months in the nicu 26 weeker.He was our only child.We are so scared but ready to try again. It is no normal after what we went through to be freaked out. We are all here for you. Keep us posted.Happy Healthy to you
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby cmccaffrey » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Congrats! I am so happy for you! Keep that baby cookin' for a long uneventful pregnancy!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia