Post Reply FAQ Members Login

rec'd my hosp records for baby

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

rec'd my hosp records for baby

Postby 5thtymachrm » Tue Jul 06, 2004 03:35 pm

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Tue Jul 06, 2004 03:35 pm

Hello...
I had to go in and sign off for getting all my ob records from the pg with Indigo today. the main hospital records just copied and gave them to me right there. I found out a few things I didn't know. I can't wait to see all the rest of the records by next week. I needed to get all of them for this upcoming pg, hopefully soon[:D]

okay so this is some of the diagnoses we were given: for me-I did have PE! no one told me this[V], the delivery was an "unusual presentation" of "compound breech"--the head and feet were down, she had to do a breech delivery through csec, she even had said in her notes "surprisingly" LOL. For the baby-the cord was wrapped snugly around her neck, the cord was considered "quite small"-was sent to the pathology dept(I have never been told about this, hence have never heard of any reports about it), the baby was also considered IUGR even though I thought she was a pretty good weight at 5lb13oz, but since I was at 37wk5days(thought I was one wk before this)she was considered small. The est. wt for her at 32wks had been 5lb5oz.

I am a little shocked at this, but then again not so much. I still have my beautiful little baby and we got her out just in time. I remember telling my OB that we needed to get her out asap, and not just because I was feeling miserable, I had an extremely strong feeling that she would not make it to 39 wks. I have done some searching, and of course we will never know, thank god, what could have happened had we waited any longer. Mostly what I found about small placenta's is that they are leading towards fetal death within the womb because of lack of nutrition and oxygen to the baby. They can also cause things like PE and fetal retardation. The scary part is that they say that it is possible for babies with these to become mentally retarded at around age 7! I will not freak out, we will deal with what comes to when it does. This may have had something to do with her ear malformation too. all I can say is "thank you God" for helping her and me make it through.

it will be interesting to read the rest of my records, both from my 2nd tri. OB and the first OB, along with the peri's notes and compare them all.

thanks everyone![:)]

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Re : rec'd my hosp records for baby

Postby angelkat » Tue Jul 06, 2004 05:41 pm

by angelkat (3423 Posts), Tue Jul 06, 2004 05:41 pm

Elizabeth....

Glad you got your records. A lot of times, our records tell us things that we did not know!...

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby alimarie » Tue Jul 06, 2004 07:40 pm

by alimarie (530 Posts), Tue Jul 06, 2004 07:40 pm

wow. i am sorry you had to read such tragic news even though you know the outcome has been so great! i also found a few things that i didn't remember being told or didn't understand at least. that can be scary. good for you not to freak out. it is easy to say not to but much harder to do

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby 5thtymachrm » Tue Jul 06, 2004 08:43 pm

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Tue Jul 06, 2004 08:43 pm

thanks girls, just gives me more to watch or I should say the peri to watch with the next pg. I asked dh if he remembered the ob telling us this when we were checking out and he didn't. they never told us about that stuff with the baby either. I am really wondering what the pathology report said about the placenta now. I guess I will have the peri track it down since I know he will want the results.

my main concern right now is getting pg again and then taking care of myself very well and hopefully I will have a nice and easy pg to boast about :o)

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia