weirdness

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

weirdness

Postby cmccaffrey » Sat Apr 02, 2011 08:38 pm

So I was on the phone with one my possible MFMs the other day and he brought something up that I thought was completely out of the question. I had always thought that I got a classical c-section, but apparently the operative report says two different things; classical and low vertical for uterine incision. So being the curious chap that my MFM is, he called my OB and inquired as to what it was... Classical or low vertical. They dug through the records and I guess I did not get a full classical c-section just a low vertical. Now I may be a candidate for a vbac?

With my history, a safe delivery is obviously all I care about, but since I had a blood clot post c-section, I am also very worried about getting another clot and not living to see a baby that I worked so hard to get. I am just wondering if I should just take the idea of a vbac out of my head and stick to what I know or if I should consider that option. I would potentially be able to have a larger family if I could successfully have a vbac, but then again I could also potentially go into labor and still need a c-section. meh... Having babies is hard... why do so many women have it easy?
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Re: weirdness

Postby sam10 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:04 pm

I think when the time comes your doctor will discuss the safest option for you. But I like your MFM, calling doctors to make sure to gather all necessary information.
One of my friends had a totally normal pregnancy and then ended up with a a c-section, because her baby was BEL. So, you'll just never know.
I want it easy too, for once!
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Sun Apr 03, 2011 09:16 am

Even if you take away the emotional aspect of being forced to deliver at 24 wks., I thought that a c-sec was no way to give birth- you can't see anything and you have no role but to lay there. If it were me and IF the docs said it was safe, I would go for the vbac. I'm also worried that another c-sec will bring back memories of the trauma of the first which a vbac wouldn't. But its a very personal choice I think.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Hmmmmm,got me thinking. I was an emergency "classical section" guess what Im gonna do?! Yep check my records! It is a personal choice yes,but how cool to even have a choice. If all goes well and you are able to it would be wondeful!! On the other hand I know a few women with 4 and 5 kids all csections! Safe and healthy delivery to you my friend either way!
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby cmccaffrey » Mon Apr 04, 2011 00:03 am

I would LOVE to go the vbac route. Whenever I do get pregnant, I will probably take a bradley method class and do a ton of prenatal yoga and stuff just to prepare my body for a vbac even if I go with a repeat c-section. I am sure doing all of those exercises won't hurt?!?! I guess it all depends on what's best for me and future baby in the end.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Postby sam10 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 03:10 pm

That sounds like a good idea. Just do what feels right and good and perhaps vbac will be a possibility for you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Mon Apr 04, 2011 06:37 pm

I did prenatal yoga 3 times a week and Bradley too,I loved them!!!!!! I say anything healthy is only going to give you better odds and peace of mind. Good for you!
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

holly3372@msn.com

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Mon Apr 04, 2011 06:38 pm

I did prenatal yoga and Bradley,LOVED THEM BOTH!!!!

holly3372@msn.com

Postby lizard » Wed Apr 06, 2011 02:08 pm

I had a VBAC and it was awesome. i did prenatal yoga throughout which i think helped. ai also got adjust 2x..don't know if that helped too but i bet it did. apparently i was out of alignment. i didn't do a class this time around tho. i don't regret it either. i feel like you can prepare prepare prepare but really...nothing gets you totally ready for labor! it's nuts. i also drank red raspberry leaf tea for 3wks near the end. that helps your uterus i guess, tones it and helps contractions be more efficient. and efficient mine were! i had the shortest easiest labor ever. good luck to you!!!!
lizard

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia