+ OPK at 9 DPO?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

+ OPK at 9 DPO?

Postby sandy » Wed Jul 07, 2004 06:57 am

Well...I am looking at a positive OPK result here and I'm at 9 days past ovulation. (The OPK was free of charge to me from a friend.)

I'd like to not be burning through HPT's just for fun...with a + OPK result at this point, anyone know the soonest I can test w/a HPT and possibly get an accurate result?

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently trying to catch an egg...
sandy

Re : + OPK at 9 DPO?

Postby tracey » Wed Jul 07, 2004 07:59 am

Did you mean to say you were on Cycle Day 9? ( re: "I'm at 9 days past ovulation")
I have read that some women get a positive result on a home pregnancy test 10dpo. I know that in my last pregnancy, I held off testing (torture!) until the 13th day AFTER I received a positive result on the OPK (ie. OPK positive on August 23, HPT positive September 5 -- this was 2-3 days before I expected to get my period, and using a First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test).
I'm currently in the same waiting game you are. (sigh).
I've got about 5 days to go until the earliest I can test without feeling too silly.[:I]

Here's hoping we both get a nice, glowing + on those HPTs!

Tracey
mother to angel Ila Elizabeth (February 6, 2004), 25w2d

currently TTC number 2

tracey

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:08 am

let me see..the opk picks up that pre-O hormone only, is that hormone high when you are pg? i tested 10dpo with Indy and got a ++, I am in the waiting game right now also, only at 6dpo..I'll test on 10dpo since I have a 4pk of hpt's from costco :o)

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby tracey » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:48 am

Oh my goodness, Elizabeth!
I am at 6dpo as well today! I have also been thinking I would test at 10dpo, but then I try to talk myself out of it, thinking I will be sooo disappointed if it comes up negative. I will be watching for your post though!

About the OPKs: interesting because my cycles have been unpredictable lately, ranging anywhere from 23-28 days over the past 4 cycles, (but never the same number twice!) I started testing with the OPK on day 6 of my cycle, just by fluke, because I was actually intending to start on day 7, thinking my cycle could be long this time. To my surprise I got a definite positive on the OPK on day 6! (this was around 5pm). I kinda couldn't believe it for some reason, and decided I would test again next morning, to see what it said then (negative). This was kinda curious to me, and lead me to believe that perhaps the hormone "disappears" once ovulation has occurred? Tried to search for this info, out of curiousity, but didn't really find much. Perhaps someone else here would know the science behind it....

Good luck Sandy and Elizabeth!

Tracey

currently TTC number 2

tracey

Postby tanya » Wed Jul 07, 2004 03:57 pm

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to all of you ladies playing the long waiting game!! Hoping for time to speed up for you!![:p]

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks ...PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks... Severe PE
Miracle #3 EDD 01/31/05
tanya

Postby tracey » Wed Jul 07, 2004 04:46 pm

OH! I understand this now! I was wondering why you did an OPK test 9 days after ovulation, then starting doing some searching, and found some info on possibly using OPKs as early HPTs. This makes much more sense to me now![:I]

And apparently, judging by your more recent post, this "trick" seemed to work for you.

Congrats again. [:D]

Tracey

currently TTC number 2

tracey

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Jul 07, 2004 06:58 pm

ohhhh, how very interesting!! I didn't know that!!!! i have 2 left of my opk's! and 4 ept's...lol.

tracey how exciting! I think that DJRorS is also the same as me, we will all be testing at the same time!!!! this is hilarious! but it might be a bit unnerving if one of us has a negative. I am just too excited. are setup at fertility friend? they have all this kind of information right there to use for free :o)

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia