First Month A negative

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

First Month A negative

Postby fineolin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:20 am

So, March was my first month of trying. I charted my ovulation, and I thought the timing was perfect. Well, imagine my surprise went AF appeared yesterday. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The first two times I got pregnant, I was not even trying. I am getting older, about to turn 39 at the end of the month. Thus, Iam worried that I will not even be able to get pregnant again. It may have been easy before, however, I fear its going to take longer now that I am actually trying. I guess it was a little naive to think it would happen the first month I tried. I was just hoping... Oh well.
Marjorie (39)
Miscarriage at 8 weeks (2006)
Had to terminate pregnancy at 22.5 weeks, July 2010 , due to Pre-e.
Miss my baby girl, Hailey rose everyday. I will never give up.
Pregnant again, due in July. Dear God, I leave it in your hands. I feel so blessed.
Miscarried at 8.5 weeks. Devastated and Sad.
fineolin

Re: First Month A negative

Postby frogibe » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:38 am

I'm so sorry that your first try didn't work...remember in one cycle you only have a 20-25% chance of getting pregnant. As discouraging as it may feel, don't give up! It will happen when it is the right time. With my first I had to do fertility treatments and worked very hard to have her, just to lose her at 5 weeks after birth due to PE. BTW I was told that I would never get pregnant on my own. NEWS FLASH...fell pregnant 2nd month of the pill without any help or trying...HUGE SURPRISE. I know it will happen! Keep your head up!
Jennifer(27) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We are expecting #3 in April 2013
frogibe

Postby riehlism » Thu Apr 07, 2011 07:11 pm

I'm one of those people who has difficulty with waiting. After 3 months of unofficial trying (and charting) I coaxed my OB to put me on Clomid. Two cycles of Clomid made my period extra wacky, only to find out I was already pregnant in the end. I took Clomid in December, but ended up getting pregnant a month later. It seems I got pregnant on my own.

I agree with Jennifer. One in five well-timed baby dances will result in pregnancy for your average woman. Don't get too discouraged. The month or so before I found out I was pregnant I decided to throw away the charts. It was placing too much pressure on me and elevating my expectations when all that extra stress is unnecessary.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Thu Apr 07, 2011 09:10 pm

Just want you to know I turned 39 in march,we will start trying soon too.I know it's emotional every month but it will happen.I am thinking of you,try to have fun in the meantime while your trying!! xo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby kerisue » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Image Every negative is such a disappointment, especially when you're our age! Hopefully next month.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia