So...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

So...

Postby cmccaffrey » Mon Apr 25, 2011 00:54 am

I don't have Antiphospholipid Syndrome. Or so my labwork is slightly elevated (2pts higher than the norm) and studies show that anything under a 15pt increase is no real concern for APS, unless the Lupus test is also positive (which for me it was WAY negative). However, I have do have a ton of clinical criteria that would lead a doctor to believe that I do have APS (early onset preeclampsia, DVT, migraines, IUGR baby). SO I must have something else the matter with me and its not known yet. Anyways, I was advised to go off of coumadin on Friday...and I had a panic attack. Went back to the ER thinking I had another DVT. I had an ultrasound done of both legs and everything was clear. I am on day 3 of no coumadin and taking baby aspirin instead. Friday I go back to my hematologist for protein s and protein c testing..... Gah, I hate the unknown.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Re: So...

Postby riehlism » Mon Apr 25, 2011 03:11 pm

Hey, at least you got some good news out of it. Isn't it weird for someone to basically tell you that you have something that has yet to be discovered? Welcome to my world of myeloproliferative disorders that still need a name. If you're worried about having a DVT, just remember the symptoms: redness and heat in your legs, and pain when squeezing your calf mm (usually a lot of pain, or pain that is higher than what you would expect for such a benign squeeze).

Any hoot, good luck with your appt on Friday.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Mon Apr 25, 2011 07:43 pm

Oh boy I know this frustration too. Three months after Benjamins birth I was tested for every cltiing and autoimune teat that they now have. It showed a very low protein S and C activity so my Ob said based on that i would need to be on lovenox should I get pregnant again. However,the Hematologist said I should test again in 3 months because during pregnancy (and sometimes long after especially with complications like pre-e) your clotting is out of whack anyway. Well sure enough the next test was NORMAL! My Ob was confused so was the MFM so I tested again in 6 months and once again normal!! What to do now? I have been to two mfm's 2 ob's and 2 hematologists all said something different. Take lovenox,don't take lovenox,take just lda,and then take lda and lovenox!!! Yikes! So confusing! Keep us posted and let me know what tey tell you. We are hoping to ttc again but not sure which way to go.
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby kerisue » Mon Apr 25, 2011 08:23 pm

Glad to hear your test came back normal! Mine did too, post pregnancy. I was glad, but in a way disappointed that I didn't have "an explanation" for the preeclampsia. If/when you get pregnant again you might ask the doc about testing again as I think I read somewhere (need to remember where I saw this) that you can develp APS during pregnancy that you didn't have otherwise.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia