Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Trying again, lots of questions!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Trying again, lots of questions!

Postby nickchels » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:44 pm

by nickchels (3 Posts), Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:44 pm

I posted about a month ago about all of my concerns and fears, but with help, support, and lots or research we are trying again. I am very excited..... For now anyway lol but, my questions are- has anyone tried accupuncture, pre natal massage, calcium, yoga, etc during pregnancy to help with pe, stress and anxiety? I started having panic attack and anxiety problems after my wonderful daughter was born and I had pe that got much worse after delivery. I know I will worry myself to death, and I want a peaceful pregnancy, well, a pregnancy as peaceful as i can make it. Thanks ladies :)
And goodluck to all of you ttc!
nickchels

Re: Trying again, lots of questions!

Postby kerisue » Thu Apr 28, 2011 07:53 am

by kerisue (623 Posts), Thu Apr 28, 2011 07:53 am

I'm doing acupuncture, massage, and yoga now and will likely continue during pregnancy, but I'm not pregnant yet. Let's hope they help!
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby riehlism » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:29 am

by riehlism (655 Posts), Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:29 am

I haven't done any of those. But they sound like good, healthy, and alternative ways to help deal with stress. I hope it works for you two.

Hey Keri...what's crackin? :lol:
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Postby lizard » Thu Apr 28, 2011 06:24 pm

by lizard (145 Posts), Thu Apr 28, 2011 06:24 pm

my first pregnancy i delivered at 33wks with severe PE..healthy 3 year old now. This time I did acupuncture and yoga during during my pregnancy. also was on lda. other than that i did nothing different and went 40wks exactly, completely PE free and to top it off a natural vbac. i do think acupuncture and yoga helped IMMENSELY. even just mentally if not physically...but i believe it helped overall since it's all connected.i had severe anxiety about getting PE again. it was a long road and gg to my acupucnturist every 3wks in between my doc appts helped sooo much. good luck to you!!
lizard

Postby aajatwins » Fri Apr 29, 2011 07:09 am

by aajatwins (476 Posts), Fri Apr 29, 2011 07:09 am

I did prenatal yoga because I'd done yoga before and the best thing I learned from it was how to breathe. I'm a breath-holder in many situations, but in yoga you have to learn to breathe through the pain (I did anyway). It calmed me and I felt like I could really get through most anything if I could just control my breathing. Definitely helps with anxiety!! I didn't do prenatal massage per se, but I had a lot of leg cramps - so my sweet hubby had to learn how to massage my legs for me. He's always been terrible at massages! But we found a book that showed the best way and he would follow the instructions and it helped my legs a ton. I think it helped me mentally, too, to know that he was supporting me physically, as well as emotionally.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia