Vent-o-rama

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
bonnie
Forum Moderator

Re : Vent-o-rama

Postby bonnie » Fri Jul 09, 2004 09:18 am

Hi Jenn. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. For me, ENBREL has been a great help, but only when I am NOT pregnant. We're pretty sure that it is working while pregnant, but the efficacy of it during pregnancy seems to have been diminished for me. In regards to doing a "trial" run on it, let me warn you that it takes about 6 weeks for the drug to get into your system and start working. I know that for me, when I started it, I was in a flare so we increased my prednisone (and didn't wean any of my other meds which included MTX, Plaquenil, NSAIDs) until the ENBREL had a chance to start working. ENBREL is a unique drug in that it was the first of a new class of drugs (from what I've been told). My dr's call it a "designer drug" b/c it attacks a specific immune response as oppose to other drugs that aren't specific.

I wish you luck and hope that ENBREL works well for you. Like Catherine said, I am not on here very much but try to check in at least once every few days. Feel free to e-mail me and I can give you more information if you'd like.

Yoni's ima

Yonatan 7/10/2002 (35 weeks PE)

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE . . .
http://rosenbloom.homeip.net/yoni

jaxsmom

Re : Vent-o-rama

Postby jaxsmom » Fri Jul 09, 2004 04:16 pm

Hi Jenn

Some people they just don't think before they speak........ Good Luck with the new meds.....

Cheers
Dana

Jaxon's Mommy
Born June 25, 2003 @ 34 weeks 4.6 lbs; PIH, elevated liver enzymes & IUGR

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”