Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Vent-o-rama

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : Vent-o-rama

Postby bonnie » Fri Jul 09, 2004 09:18 am

by bonnie (1096 Posts), Fri Jul 09, 2004 09:18 am

Hi Jenn. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. For me, ENBREL has been a great help, but only when I am NOT pregnant. We're pretty sure that it is working while pregnant, but the efficacy of it during pregnancy seems to have been diminished for me. In regards to doing a "trial" run on it, let me warn you that it takes about 6 weeks for the drug to get into your system and start working. I know that for me, when I started it, I was in a flare so we increased my prednisone (and didn't wean any of my other meds which included MTX, Plaquenil, NSAIDs) until the ENBREL had a chance to start working. ENBREL is a unique drug in that it was the first of a new class of drugs (from what I've been told). My dr's call it a "designer drug" b/c it attacks a specific immune response as oppose to other drugs that aren't specific.

I wish you luck and hope that ENBREL works well for you. Like Catherine said, I am not on here very much but try to check in at least once every few days. Feel free to e-mail me and I can give you more information if you'd like.

Yoni's ima

Yonatan 7/10/2002 (35 weeks PE)

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE . . .
http://rosenbloom.homeip.net/yoni

bonnie
Forum Moderator

Re : Vent-o-rama

Postby jaxsmom » Fri Jul 09, 2004 04:16 pm

by jaxsmom (187 Posts), Fri Jul 09, 2004 04:16 pm

Hi Jenn

Some people they just don't think before they speak........ Good Luck with the new meds.....

Cheers
Dana

Jaxon's Mommy
Born June 25, 2003 @ 34 weeks 4.6 lbs; PIH, elevated liver enzymes & IUGR
jaxsmom

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia