Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : Vent-o-rama

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Jul 07, 2004 09:28 pm

Some people are just rude!

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!

Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Wed Jul 07, 2004 09:16 pm

I know I've been venting a lot lately, but I had to get this one off my chest...

I was at work today, and a coworker called me to ask if I'd cover a shift for her next month. "I have a doctor's appointment they had to squeeze me in for--I'll be 10 weeks! Can you believe it? I'm pregnant again! I just stopped taking the pill, and I didn't even miss a period! This is so weird! I did the same thing with my last pregnancy! So can you cover that shift for me?"

You know, I might be able to excuse it if I hadn't known her for a year and a half, or if we didn't work in a health care field where everyone in the pharmacy knows my extensive list of medications as well as my medical/pregnancy history. Heck, I might even be able to forgive all of that if it weren't for the fact that a month ago we had a long talk about my TTC again and the expensive meds the peri wants me on and how disappointed I am not to be able to even try until November.

But all of those things are, in fact, in play. So I ever-so-passive-aggressively told her I'd cover her shift, and then I went in the corner of the pharmacy and cried. My other coworkers were pretty funny, and very supportive--they told me to call her back and tell her she can find some tact or find someone else to cover her shift. But there's really no point, you know? She wouldn't understand.

I really need to stop feeling sorry for myself. Some days are just harder than others...and I love it here, because I know all of you understand that. Thanks for listening.

Angel Maggie stillborn due to HELLP Syndrome & PIH at 19.5 wks
Missed miscarriage/D&C 14 weeks
Miscarriage 6 weeks
Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
I'm putting my perinatologist's kids through college!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”