The results are in...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

The results are in...

Postby wcarder » Thu Jul 08, 2004 06:05 am

No baby.
My husband and I talked all night last night, CONVINCED i was pregnant. He was really nervous at first. See, we met when my little girl was about twenty months, and the two of them are INLOVE! It's the best thing ever,and we always wanted another as soon as we got married. However, one day he decided to research PE and developed a horrible fear of me having another baby. Every day we go back and forth, should we try? So, last night we talked about the possibility of me being pregnant, as I was four days late and counting. By the end of our conversation, we were both totally psyched to find out for sure. so, this morning I woke up and we were both anxious to test, but AF greeted me instead. Totally unexpected - she came with no symptoms at all. So, I thought I should test anyway, and it said no baby. My husband and I were so disappointed! It's actually fantastic that this all happened, as I said before - divine intervention. We want a baby so bad, and soon because the noodle is getting so big! But its very scary, and we couldn't decide if this really was the right time. Now, because of the way this whole thing made us feel, we KNOW that we are ready. So, we can do it the right way now. I'm making an appointment with the peri and we are going to try for that baby with his go ahead. I'm VERY excited! Wish me luck!
Wendy
Dh-Ryan
DD-Kenzie Celeste, 30 Weeks - severe PE, 3 pounds, 2 oz.
Now almost FIVE!!!

wcarder

Re : The results are in...

Postby angelkat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 06:17 am

Sorry af came to visit. But, like you said now you know for sure your ready!!... Good Luck with the peri visit!

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby norlisa k » Thu Jul 08, 2004 06:18 am

Hi Wendy - Sorry that there's no baby now, but very excited that you're gonna ttc! [:D] Good luck with the peri, and hope all systems are go and you get your "+" very soon! [:)]

Baby dust and lots of hugs,
Norlisa

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Coordinator / Moderator, Mothers of Multiples / Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
(essential hypertension diagnosed before pregnancy, post-partum preeclampsia)
DH, Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven (9/16/02)
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 2/7 weeks, 5/26/03
norlisa k

Postby jenndola » Thu Jul 08, 2004 07:02 am

We're all with you on the excitement and fear roller-coaster. It's so thrilling to make the decision to go ahead and do it, isn't it? I know it's disappointing you're not pregnant now, but it's prboably better to consult with the peri first, get a plan in place, and then dive in. That way your hubby can feel secure that everything is being watched over well.

Let us know how the peri goes. Good luck!

Jenn
Angel Maggie stillborn due to HELLP Syndrome & PIH at 19.5 wks
Missed miscarriage/D&C 14 weeks
Miscarriage 6 weeks
Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
I'm putting my perinatologist's kids through college!
jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby 5thtymachrm » Thu Jul 08, 2004 07:45 am

sorry about AF, but happy to see your decision has been made for you in a very exciting way. Glad to see you will go check out with a peri first, planning is always good when you have issues.

good luck and keep us updated!

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby alimarie » Thu Jul 08, 2004 08:02 am

I understand your disappointment but also understand that now you know for sure! what a great feeling. can't wait to hear about it

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby tracey » Thu Jul 08, 2004 09:18 am

So sorry to hear about your disappointment.
But what an interesting little "test" you went through to find out that you are, indeed, ready! [:D]

I also think it is great that you are going for a consult with a peri. I ended up talking to mine twice, since the first time I went, it was so much info to take in, it was a bit overwhelming. We went over everything very thoroughly, and he even made up a timeline for us regarding when I would start to take certain supplements, when "routine" tests would be done, etc. Although there is so much more that will obviously be decided as we go along, it really, really helped to boost our confidence enough to try again.

I am very excited about your decision.
Best of luck to you!

Tracey
mother to angel Ila Elizabeth (February 6, 2004), 25w2d

currently TTC number 2

tracey

Postby wcarder » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:12 am

PS - by noodle, I mean Kenzie. Its her nickname. (: Noone who knows her calls her by her name, she's just the noodle. I didn't want anyone getting the wrong impression...(: She started out as Kenzie-doodle, and somehow became the noodle....I'm really a geek when it comes to nicknames, I give one to everyone...just a habit, i guess.
wcarder

Postby maxs mom » Thu Jul 08, 2004 02:35 pm

Wendy,
Wow, I was convinced you were PG, especially since you were on the pill and you AF was so late. Oh well, at least you and DH got a good talk in and decided you really were ready to TTC. Good luck with the Peri, I'll be looking for future updates from you!
Kara

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 534g. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/
maxs mom

Postby april » Thu Jul 08, 2004 03:46 pm

Wendy,

Sorry it turned out that your not preg. But hopefully everything will go good with the peri and he will give you the ok and you will have a +++ to tell us about soon[;)]!

april(24)
dh-billy(29)
dd-Natalie 3/10/04(pasted away after 1 hr.) induced labor at 23wks and 5 days due to severe PE/HELLP
april

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia