Post Reply FAQ Members Login

3rd times a charm!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

3rd times a charm!

Postby mom2sweetieboys » Mon May 02, 2011 04:59 pm

by mom2sweetieboys (16 Posts), Mon May 02, 2011 04:59 pm

Hello everyone, My name is Melissa Im 28 years old and from WA state. Its been a long time since I've posted on here but I'm back and am ready to share my story of hope with you. First I want you all to know that a couple years ago I spent all of my free time on here researching and living off of peoples stories of hope. Now I'm thrilled to beable to share mine with you! Im gonna try to make it short. Wish me luck!
I was 22 when I had my first son, Anthony. My pregnancy went well up until week 32 when my blood pressure started to rise. My midwife put me on bedrest and my pressure went back down. So I was on and off bedrest for a few weeks then at 35 weeks I was induced due pre-eclampsia. Anthony was born vaginally on 7/12/05 and only stayed in the hospital for six days although at the time it felt like forever. he weighed 5lbs 13 oz. I was able to nurse him for 2 years and now he is a happy and healthy 5 year old.
After having pre-eclampsia I knew I was at risk of getting it again so before trying for our second child I excersized, ate healthy lost 20 lbs and took extremely good care of my self in hopes of having a better pregnancy out come. My second son Aiden was born 12/26/08 at 24 weeks gestation. My pregnancy seemed to be going really well. The only thing was this horrable back pain that came on at 23 weeks. My family doc. told me it was acid reflex and sent me home with prevacid. After suffering for a week I finially couldnt handle the pain any more and drove myself to the emergency room. There they diagnosed me with extreme HELLP syndrome, My liver was on the verge of rupturing, my platelets were dropping really fast and my blood pressure was through the roof so they sent me by ambulance to **** hospital. The weird thing was that I felt just fine besides my back pain! That night my beautiful baby Aiden was born via classical c-section weighing only 1 pound. He did extremely well until he got a staph infection. 13 daysafter he was born my husdband and I held him in our arms, sang to him and told him we loved him as they took him off of life support. I wanted to die with him but I knew I needed to survive and to be strong for my 3 year old who needed his momma more then ever.
After a lot of tests I found out i had no underlying disorders and decided to never get pregnant again. It wasnt worth the risk! We were going the adoption route. Which is a whole nother story. But some how I managed to end up pregnant again. It was an extremely long and scary pregnancy. I did get pre-e again but it was mild and I made it to 37 weeks. My third son Chance was born 2/10/11 at 7lbs. 15 oz. he my mirace baby and was worth every bit of the fear ,morning sickness, bedrest EVERYTHING i went through in his pregnancy. I would have never known what the outcome would have been If I hadnt given it a try. I wish you all the best of luck! ~Melissa
I'm Melissa
Anthony 7/12/05 35 weeks Pre-eclampsia 5lbs. 130z
Aiden 12/26/08-1/8/09 24 weeks Pre-eclampsia/HELLP 1lbs.
Chance 2-10-11 37 weeks Mild Pre-eclampsia 7lbs. 15 oz.
mom2sweetieboys

Re: 3rd times a charm!

Postby trish » Tue May 03, 2011 11:09 am

by trish (2949 Posts), Tue May 03, 2011 11:09 am

Thank you for sharing your success story with us. Love his name!!! So sorry for the loss of your 2nd son. (((HUGS)))
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year
trish
Forum Moderator

Re: 3rd times a charm!

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Tue May 03, 2011 07:15 pm

by holly3372@msn.com (478 Posts), Tue May 03, 2011 07:15 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. We too lost our baby boy Benjamint his past august he lived for 4 months in the nicu and we also held him when they turned off life support. We have no other children I am 39 years old and so scared to try again,thank you for the hope and congrats on your beautiful baby.
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia