Going to OB tomorrow for Clomid

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : Going to OB tomorrow for Clomid

Postby maxs mom » Fri Jul 09, 2004 09:10 pm

Thanks for all of the great advice, I am going to try to go for the girl, we'll see. A friend of mine has been on some weird diet, etc. to increase her chances of a girl, but I think that is a little much...

Anyway, at my appt today the OB decided to put me on pregestrone first. What happened was I got AF two days ago, and then started spotting. He said I am having anovulatory cycles, so by taking the progestrone I force myself to ovulate and then I take the clomid to time the ovulation. So it's 7 days on progestrone, then 5-10 days waiting for AF, then on 4th day of cycle take clomid for 5 days, then estrogen for 5 days (helps make cervical fluid good for conception because clomid makes it not so good) and then another U/S on day 13 to see how many follicles I have. The idea is if there are too many follicles, we may not TTC so we lower chances of multiples, BUT since I am trying for a girl, we'll probably stopping BD'ing on day 12, as the Clomid causes ovulation on or around day 14, so I don't think the U/S will do anything but put my mind at ease (or not).

Anyway, so I am now looking at end of month/early next month to be around the time of ovulation, instead of in 10 days. So, I'll let you all know how it goes later.

Thanks again!
Kara

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 534g. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/
maxs mom

Postby angelkat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:14 pm

Kara,

They will do a trasvaginal ultrasound to check on growth of "eggies" . Usually on Clomid (100mg)I have about 3 or 4 good size eggies and have ended up both times with one.

Good LUCK did they say at what time to do the clomid?... Remember take it at bed time so your family can't call you the witch women like my did...

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby lany » Sat Jul 10, 2004 07:54 am

Just wanted to wish you luck in the upcoming weeks. Let us know how things turn out. I'm praying that you will post very soon saying that you got 2 lines! [:D]

Take care.

Lany 29
DH 34
DS 09/99 (born via emergency c/s~ 29wks~2lbs. 1.9oz.~Pre-E & HELLP)
#2 due March 5, 2005
lany

Postby norlisa k » Sat Jul 10, 2004 09:26 am

Hi Kara - Just wanted to wish you all of the best and send lots of "baby dust." Hope your dreams of a "+" come true very soon... [:)]

Hugs,
Norlisa

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Coordinator / Moderator, Mothers of Multiples / Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
(essential hypertension diagnosed before pregnancy, post-partum preeclampsia)
DH, Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven (9/16/02)
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 2/7 weeks, 5/26/03
norlisa k

Postby bridget » Sat Jul 10, 2004 09:40 am

Hi Kara- also sending some baby dust your way. Good luck!

Bridget
DS 06/02 (39 weeks, pe, postpartum hemorrhage)
m/c 11/03, 05/04

#2 due in mid March
bridget

Postby wcarder » Mon Jul 12, 2004 01:51 pm

Good Luck on a baby GIRL!!! I got lucky with a darling daughter, but there was no trick behind it... ~ My mother has five daughters, and four granddaughters - we have no boys! I don't know what it is....I'll do some research for you, though! [:)]
BTW, what the heck does BD stand for?
Wendy
DH - Ryan
DD- Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks GA, 3 lbs, 2 oz
wcarder

Postby arj » Mon Jul 12, 2004 02:06 pm

BD is baby dance (sex [;)])

Good luck with trying for a girl Kara!! Has anyone had luck with that as far as only having sex a couple of days before O then abstaining? I've read all about it but it seems like that's a pretty risky game because what if your timing is off and you miss the egg?

Allison (28)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. PE at 40 weeks
arj

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia