so many emotions!!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

so many emotions!!

Postby dolphincrazy316 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 03:03 pm

Hey everybody!! I just realized last night that my period is a few days late! So today I go and buy a test, thinking I will probably take it and then I will start tomorrow Which is how it usually happens. So I get home and take it..and it comes back positive!! I couldnt breathe for a little bit!! As soon as I seen the plus sign, I was just terrified!! Im definitely happy about it but I can't help but be absolutely scared to death!! First of all Ive had PE twice now so that scares me...second of all, i will probably be put on lovenox shots which really scares me!! I just have so many emotions going through me right now....I already have anxiety attacks and now they are going to be 10 times worse!! any advice right now is welcome!! help!!
Hayden born 4-2-05 2lbs 2oz due to preeclampsia, spent 9 weeks in the NICU

Alex Bradley born in the arms of angels on 11-22-09 1lb 10oz due to preeclampsia and complete placental abruption

Baby #3 due Feb 2012
dolphincrazy316

Re: so many emotions!!

Postby cmccaffrey » Tue Jun 07, 2011 03:24 pm

Congrats! I hope all turns out well and that little bean sticks!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Postby riehlism » Tue Jun 07, 2011 07:26 pm

Congratulations! It's exciting and scary. There really are so many emotions: sadness, nostalgia, anxiety, excitement, worry, and a feeling of being self conscious. We had a tough time telling our friends and family about the loss of our son last year so husband and I have decided to keep it quiet. We actually didn't tell family until the Promise Walk where I was about 14.5 weeks along. And we have only chosen to tell a small group of friends. Extended family and casual friends won't find out until much further along.

I was also concerned about the Lovenox shots. I don't really have a fear of needles, I just didn't want to be the person who has to stick myself every day. But honestly, the Lovenox shots aren't that bad. The needle doesn't really hurt. And if it does, just change the angle upon entry. The medicine does burn. :( But I sing Happy Birthday to my little Snowflake while I push the meds through. It helps to remind me what I'm doing all this for. And you can also move the needle a bit to disperse the medication in a different direction. Don't worry, moving it slightly with the needle inside doesn't hurt. The nerve endings are much farther down at that point. That's why it's so important to get it in the fatty tissue.

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself here. But I guess everyone has their little tricks to make the shots hurt less. Congratulations again and I hope you get a heart beat at your first ultrasound!
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Postby libby123 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 09:38 pm

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! Right now, just focus on the joy of being pregnant with your new little baby!
The pre-e may not come back, but if it does it likely wont be until later on in the pregnancy. Enjoy :)
Mommy to Sailor Ann, born on February 17th 2011 at 36 weeks by c-section due to PIH that slowly turned into preeclampsia.
libby123

Postby kerisue » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:03 pm

congratulations!! i hope you have a long uneventful pregnancy and a successful delivery.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia