Implantation question

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Implantation question

Postby dja » Sat Jul 10, 2004 05:55 pm

Does implantation cause cramping? I read in TCOYF that it can cause a temp rise, but I couldn't find anything about other symptoms. I've been sort of crampy today and I'm 8 days post O, and about 5 days pre-period. I generally don't get that period crampiness this early - usually on about 2 days before. So I've spent my day wondering if this is implanatation, or a sign that my period is around the corner.

DJA
Mom to Amelia, b/d 03/19/04 @ 22 weeks due to sever PE
dja

Re : Implantation question

Postby angelkat » Sat Jul 10, 2004 07:16 pm

Could be either one.... Sometimes implantation can cause a slight bleed and or cramps.

Praying you get a +++++++

Sending you Baby dust and vibes

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sat Jul 10, 2004 09:13 pm

ditto what T said. I've been getting lots of cramping too, but I had that with Indigo too :o) this is all very nerveracking isn't it?

We're almost there! hang in there honey :o)

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sun Jul 11, 2004 08:44 am

DJA,
how are you feeling today? did you test yet?

Elizabeth

ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby dja » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:49 am

Hi Elizabeth - I've decided to wait to test. I looked at the statistics for testing so far ahead of your expected period, and I decided to just wait - if it's negative then, it's really negative and I won't be riding the emotional roller coaster - not something I'm up for right now.

So, I'm not sure what is going on - temps are still up, but not super high. I'm now CD 24, usually get my period around CD 28 or 29. Still experiencing mild nauseau, and what I can only describe as "jumpiness" in my lower abdomen - not cramping today, just the jumpiness. It reminds me of the first of Amelia's movements that I could feel.

It's hard to be patient and wait. I'll let you know if I swing 180 degrees and test earlier.

DJA
dja

Postby tracey » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:06 am

Hello ladies! We are all playng the same game right now.

DJA -- it seems I am exactly one day ahead of you! (10dpo according to an OPK)
Elizabeth -- you and I are on the same day, aren't we?

I am experiencing the same left-sided twingey, now-mild crampiness that I had when Ila was conceived. Also convinced I am feeling nauseous at certain times, have had some mild headaches lately, which I very seldom get, and that dreaded"cotton mouth".
I'm ashamed to say it [:I]: I broke down this morning and took a test. Not suprisingly, it was negative. [:(] (Maybe that's what I get for being so impatient. LOL) But, in the end it is quite early still....even though I am that many days past ovulation, it's only because I tested positive on the OPK so early in my cycle (day 7). Since my cycles are so irregular lately (23-28 days), it's hard for me to know when AF is scheduled to arrive. I'm bummed, but will test again later in the week. (Really, I imagine AF isn't due 'til next Sunday....or even Monday or Tuesday. Who knows?). Last time I got the positive 13dpo, and that was only a day or two before AF was to arrive.
My husband, on the other hand, thinks the negative today was just a trick! I hope he's right. (He was last time!)
Anyway, good luck to you both.
Praying the baby dust rains on all of us TTC!

Tracey
mother to angel Ila Elizabeth (February 6, 2004), 25w2d

currently TTC number 2

tracey

Postby alimarie » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:33 am

i am a few days away from knowing as well! i am seriously doubting it happened for us this cycle but am hoping i am wrong! i would love to be surprised! i had cramping a few days ago. which is typical for before starting for me. someone else mentioned the "jumpiness' i feel that a lot too and have always written it off as gas, but it does remind me so much of the first flutterings i felt with my daughter. who knows.

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sun Jul 11, 2004 05:05 pm

Tracy,
yes I'm also 10dpo today :o) it is driving me madd! I too tested too early and got a neg. Maybe its bad that they give you so many test sticks in those packs! you just start thinking, aww it doesn't matter if I test now...lol. I knew it would say negative, don't know why I bothered. just too early. I have definitly had all the weird little crampies, headache, and nausea. I never get any of this stuff before AF, but then again I just had my IUD removed and this would be my first AF after that, so who knows when it will show up or what it will be like.

Good luck everyone!

Elizabeth

ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby dja » Mon Jul 12, 2004 01:58 am

Well, it is nearly 2 am in California, and I'm up posting only because I was so hungry I couldn't stand it - I'm eating some whole grain toast as we speak. When I first got pregnant with Amelia, and through about the first trimester, I was often incredibly hungry at night. Could this be a sign of implantation? Anyone else experience this? I don't normally bother to get out of bed at 2am to eat...

DJA
dja

Postby tracey » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:08 am

DJA
I'm not sure about the hunger thing, but I have woken up the past few mornings hungrier than usual (though not at 2am, mind you!). At least, I think I have!
I guess we have a few more days to go...(sigh).

Good luck!
Hope we see a new batch of positives around here very soon!

Tracey
mother to angel Ila Elizabeth (February 6, 2004), 25w2d

currently TTC number 2

tracey

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia