Post Reply FAQ Members Login

The "Waiting to Test" Club...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

The "Waiting to Test" Club...

Postby tracey » Mon Jul 12, 2004 06:52 pm

by tracey (919 Posts), Mon Jul 12, 2004 06:52 pm

So, this thread serves a dual purpose:
1) so we all could "meet" everyone who is in the same position we are in (I know there are a few of us, (Elizabeth, DJA, AliMarie -- are we missing anyone? Members sound in here!)
and
2) so we could find out when everybody plans to start testing! (dpo)
(Or if you already have, when, and what was your result!)

As I posted elsewhere, I was impatient [:I], and tested at 10dpo, and, not surprisingly, got a negative. I just read last night on Fertility Friend that the average number of dpo for a positive test is 13.6. It also says that the average dpo for the first "false" negative test result is 10.3, so I feel slightly reassured (based on their own stats). I'm feeling some symptoms, and I'm pretty sure they're not just because AF could be on her way, as they seem to be lasting too long. The most prominent symptom being this crazy left-sided cramp, which I've had for a week, and is soooo familar from when we conceived Ila.

As of today, I am 11dpo, and I've taken a solemn vow that I won't waste any more tests by testing before Thursday. (Or maybe Wednesday, but no sooner!
[:p])

How are you all coping?

Tracey
mother to angel Ila Elizabeth (February 6, 2004), 25w2d

currently TTC number 2

tracey

Re : The "Waiting to Test" Club...

Postby 5thtymachrm » Mon Jul 12, 2004 07:14 pm

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Mon Jul 12, 2004 07:14 pm

Hi Tracey! I am 11dpo, CD27
I tested at 10dpo also and also got a neg. kinda expected it, I also am not feeling "pregnant," if you know what I mean. I think I'll start AF in a while, have no idea when its supposed to be. My temps are jumping up and down still, but still way above coverline. I have decided to break for the week and ignore FF except for entering my temps! how well I will do this I have no idea. I am trying to fill up each day with a project or somewhere to go so that I don't go completely insane waiting. I am not going to test until Saturday @ 15dpo, maybe wait till Monday. My dh said to hold onto the one remaining test strip till then so that I know I have to wait, ugh! I think I'm too scared to see a negative, and just as scared to see a +++.

We are running all the same symptoms, though my nausea went away on Sunday after 5 days straight. I am still having huge hunger pains, headache, cramps, bloating...but this could be all pre-AF. I am really trying not to look too much into each little symptom now because its driving me batty!

Good luck everyone!!! I pray that at least one of us get pg by the end of our cycle :o)

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby julie f » Mon Jul 12, 2004 07:29 pm

by julie f (7993 Posts), Mon Jul 12, 2004 07:29 pm

The two week wait is the worst... I'm praying for +++ for you all very soon!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby arj » Mon Jul 12, 2004 07:53 pm

by arj (1251 Posts), Mon Jul 12, 2004 07:53 pm

You guys are too cute. I hope everyone is preggars!! I'll be an honorary member of your club, as my little sister is in the same boat. She took a test this morning which came back negative but she is 12 dpo. She's coming to visit this weekend to celebrate Evan's 1st birthday and I told her she could use a leftover HPT that I have. She's testing on Friday morning. I'm so excited for you girls!! Good luck!

Allison (28)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. PE at 40 weeks
arj

Postby 5thtymachrm » Mon Jul 12, 2004 08:54 pm

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Mon Jul 12, 2004 08:54 pm

Okay I have something weird to add...due to some *strange* new CM, I decided to use my last OPK, and it came out positive in like 30 seconds and got very very dark, okay I am completely confused now. I decided to recheck with the hpt and it was negative. ACK!! what is going on? I told dh back to BD'ing for the next 48 hrs! could I "O" 2 times this month? my body is being very wacky right now.
here's my chart if anyone cares to take a peak..and tell me what is going on...lol
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/535f3

Elizabeth

ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby dja » Mon Jul 12, 2004 09:30 pm

by dja (895 Posts), Mon Jul 12, 2004 09:30 pm

I am CD 25 as of Monday and 10 dpo. Before having Amelia I had 28-29 day cycles, but now the first one was 21 days and the second 33 days, and I don't think either cycle involved ovulation. This cycle I seem to have returned to my pre-pregnancy norm at least somewhat. I've had cramps a bit today though, so I'm trying to convince myself it is implantation, not an impending period. I'm planning to wait until CD 28, but it might not be super effective until I see high temps and I get past CD 33. It's driving me crazy!

DJA
Mom to Amelia, b/d 03/19/04 @ 22 weeks due to sever PE
dja

Postby arj » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:19 pm

by arj (1251 Posts), Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:19 pm

Elizabeth,
Alrighty, this is like a fertility charting test!! I pulled out my book, "The Art of Natural Family Planning" and went to the chapter on irregular mucus patterns. I may be completely out in left field because I have lost the art of charting, but you might have what they call a "double peak pattern." Here are the key elements: 1)You have a mucus patch and a Peak Day (defined as "the last day of the more-fertile mucus before the drying up process starts") 2)You have 4 or more days of drying up 3) Your temperature pattern stays low 4) More-fertile mucus returns, usually just for a few days 5) You have a 2nd Peak day 6) Your temp. pattern rises near the 2nd peak day

According to the book this second patch of mucus is the fertile period.

It's kind of hard to fully diagnose the "double peak pattern" because you are still in the cycle, kwim? You'll have greater insight when you either a)start your period (NO, NO, NO [}:)]) or b)temps stay elevated and you decide to test again. Even though it appears that your temps have risen, relatively speaking they are still low-not even in the 98.0s, they might rise again even more, so..... this patch of CM might be the one in which you are actually ovulating. And that OPK seemed to think so too, so put on some Marvin Gaye and get it on!!!!

So the good news, you might have caught the sneaky O.... Bad news, if you did, you're going to have to wait ANOTHER 2 weeks to test. [:(!]

BTW, I could be totally off, so I apologize if you read this and think I'm crazy. There's some pretty advanced stuff in this book.

PS- Indy is TOO CUTE!!!
Allison (28)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. PE at 40 weeks
arj

Postby 5thtymachrm » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:45 pm

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:45 pm

Allison,
thank you so much, you know that totally makes sense. I could only find some info on post O mucus in TCOYF but it was saying that it was your body shedding the ovum before your menses. But, it didn't mention anything about getting a positive opk also, ugh! why is my body so freaky???

I don't think your crazy at all, I am thankfull for the extra thought. I'm going to go and look up that double peak pattern stuff myself. The dh was more than happy to oblige a 2nd O...LOL I just can't believe I might have restart the clock again! ack! i was going madd as it was. He now has to go out and buy some more opk's because that was the only one I had left..lol. oh well.

thank you thank you thank you!

Elizabeth

ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby alimarie » Tue Jul 13, 2004 07:01 am

by alimarie (530 Posts), Tue Jul 13, 2004 07:01 am

i am hanging on to test. i am excited as i think this is cd27 and i usually have started by now but i am bummed bc i have been feeling some cramps. crazy preg. symptoms have been tingling breasts.that breast discharge, frequent urination. i go to the dr. today to be checked out. annual and breast thing. i am tempted to ask for a preg. test. who knows. i don't want my hopes up too much

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby alimarie » Tue Jul 13, 2004 07:17 am

by alimarie (530 Posts), Tue Jul 13, 2004 07:17 am

bummed. i just counted my days again and i am only cd25 so i feel certain that this crampiness is only leading to the inevitable period. i thought i was further along. usually i have some spotting and that hasn't started yet either. i may still ask for a test anyway. who knows. maybe i am wrong and i am actually pregn. i feel like a fool for thinking every month might be my month and getting my hopes up. oh well. sorry for the rambling.

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia