The "Waiting to Test" Club...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
5thtymachrm

Re : The "Waiting to Test" Club...

Postby 5thtymachrm » Thu Jul 15, 2004 08:57 pm

DJA,
good luck with testing, just to let you know you should always test for hcg first morning pee after at least 8hrs of not peeing. It is different than looking for the LH where you test in the afternoon. If you are pg, it is still quite early to get a strong ++, CD18 is the best day to test if your temps have remained high all the way through. I"ve got my fingers crossed and prayers sent in for you!

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!

dja

Postby dja » Thu Jul 15, 2004 07:09 pm

Hello club members - I am now CD 28, and 13 days post O. I tested this morning and was negative - blah - but still no AF. So I'm as confused as anyone. I checked my chart from when I conceived Amelia, and it is very, very similar to what I am seeing now. So I'm going to test again tomorrow night, well in to Day 29, if AF doesn't show earlier.

It's depressing in a way to think we aren't pregnant this cycle, but I'm thinking that the bright side is that the next round of trying will only be about 12-14 days away. So I'm continuing to think positive and who knows what will happen. Good luck everyone!

DJA
Mom to Amelia, b/d 03/19/04 @ 22 weeks due to sever PE

5thtymachrm

Postby 5thtymachrm » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:23 am

hey there!
well my temps jumped up again today. so I think i did O on Monday/tues. I hope we caught it this time. My body is still pretty wacky too and its been 8 months since Indy was born. Though I had an IUD-mirena- which injected progesterone into my uterus. Don't know what kind of effect that had on my system. This past month has been so crazy and stressfull. ugh! I really hope this doesn't continue on for too much longer. I'm at cd30 and FF took my coverline and O date away a few days ago. still will have to wait for another coverline and O date should be showing up in the next few days of higher temps.

good luck girls! Welcome Jill!

Elizabeth

ttc #2 is a go!

tracey

Postby tracey » Thu Jul 15, 2004 09:39 am

Allison -- According to an OPK, I tested positive on day 7! That coincided with some EWCM, (albeit quite scant!), and I haven't noticed any since, so I'm not sure. I also repeated an OPK the next couple of days, just because I was kind of shocked by the "early"positive, and they always came up negative. Maybe I caught the tail end in that first positive?
Anyway, my cycles are all over the place lately, ever since I delivered. Before Ila was conceived, I always had 24 day cycles, and ovulated day 10 (again, according to OPK). We were lucky enough to conceive her in the first month of trying. I am thinking that maybe my body is still just adjusting after pregnancy. Plus, I have some thyroid issues, and although we were given the go-ahead to try, maybe that is getting in the way a bit still. (Though it is our first month TTC again, so it could just be that! LOL)
I have signed up on Fertilty Friend and am on my way out for a BBT thermometer and OPKs for next cycle!
And by the way, you aren't butting in at all! There are no exclusive clubs on this forum! Plus, you've provided such great info! Thanks.

Jill -- if AF does show up (though I hope I'm wrong too [;)]), we will very likely be cycle buddies next time round, so we can go through all this together! [:D]

Tracey
mother to angel Ila Elizabeth (February 6, 2004), 25w2d

currently TTC number 2

for faith

Postby for faith » Thu Jul 15, 2004 09:20 am

Just wanted to wish you all luck. I won't be TTC again until next cycle (AF should be next week). Hoping to see some ++++ before then!!!

Tracey ~ Hoping you are wrong!!!
Alimarie & DJA ~ Hoping to hear some wonderful news from you!!!!

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02

arj

Postby arj » Thu Jul 15, 2004 08:14 am

Tracey,
[:(][:(]. So sorry. That stinks. She's STILL not here yet though!! Maybe you O'd late?? Do you have any idea of when? I O'd around day 19 with Evan, so I probably would have gotten a neg. had I tested kind of early.
I think that charting would give you some insight. Not all of us are lucky and have those perfect 28 day cycles with ovulation being on day 14. Charting is a pain, yes, but at the same time it's pretty cool when you narrow down that critical "O" window. Plus combining that with OPKs will help even more. I think that a BBT just gives you more accuracy because you're dealing with tenths of a degree when you have a temp. shift, so it just makes it more obvious. Keeping my fingers crossed that AF decides not to show up.
BTW, sorry to be butting in on this topic. I can't resist. [;)][;)]

Allison (28)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. PE at 40 weeks

tracey

Postby tracey » Thu Jul 15, 2004 05:17 am

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm out for this month.
I'm now 14dpo, and tested again this morning and got the BFN. (sigh).

I guess all that cramping has been pre-menstrual.
As I said before, I'm guessing AF should show up Saturday or Sunday, or maybe even Monday, just based on luteal phase length (Monday would be 18dpo according to OPK! Seems pretty long). Still haven't got the pre-menstrual spotting and that usually lasts a few days. Hmmmmm, curious.
(I COULD be really optimistic and say "It's not over....", but I'm pretty sure that if I were pregnant, the HcG would've kicked in by now, no?)

So I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. But there's always next month, and seemingly that should be coming along here soon! See, I'm mostly disappointed because the timing of this month would have been so great. I am a College Professor, and of course, we are out of school until September -- this would have given me the large majority of the first trimester to kind of relax and take it easy (and hopefully get any morning sickness out of the way -- though last time I was sick all 25 weeks). Oh well. Just shows me again that I can't control it!

I think I may chart this month, along with OPKs.
Never done that before: is it difficult? Do I need the special BBT thermometer (some things I've read say yes, others, no). Will Fertility Friend explain it all to me?

Anyway, good luck to the rest of you. Forge on!

Tracey

currently TTC number 2

5thtymachrm

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:31 am

Oh you two! I am so excited for you both, can't we just speed ahead a few days so you both can test??? ugh! all this waiting, and here I am restarting my waiting (eye-rolling here). My temp jumped a little today, we will see whats up over the next few days.

good luck girls!

Elizabeth

ttc #2 is a go!

tracey

Postby tracey » Wed Jul 14, 2004 07:13 am

AliMarie
I'm hoping that the lack of spotting is a good sign for us both.
I am STILL keeping my fingers crossed for you that AF stays away!
As Elizabeth said: " its not over till the evil witch shows her colors"!

Tracey

currently TTC number 2

alimarie

Postby alimarie » Tue Jul 13, 2004 09:17 pm

tracey,

hey, i too spot lightly for days before i start. i mentioned it today at the appt. and he didn't bat an eye. i guess it is normal. he did say that generally he advises people to count taht as day one of the cycle. so maybe i am more of a 28 day cycle than i thought counting all the spotting days. who knows. this is all so confusing to me.
i am also waiting for my spotting to start. so far none and tommorrow will be cd26. i have been actually starting my heavier flows on cd26. they did a preg. test today and it was negative but i am definitely still secretly hoping for a positive.

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”