Post Reply FAQ Members Login

The "Waiting to Test" Club...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : The "Waiting to Test" Club...

Postby tracey » Tue Aug 10, 2004 01:20 pm

by tracey (919 Posts), Tue Aug 10, 2004 01:20 pm

Hello all!

DJA & Tina -- keeping my fingers crossed for you both!

AliMarie -- so sorry this wasn't your month [:(]. But I am happy to hear that you are, in fact, ovulating on your own -- that's a good sign! Your attitude seems very healthy -- it is hard to be so patient about this. Praying it happens for you soon!

Elizabeth -- I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. [:(] That's just no good at all. I hope things get much better for you soon! I LOVE the comment about being two steps ahead of your docs. Too funny! [;)]

Jill -- Good Luck next month!

As for me, I thought perhaps I was going to get away with a nausea-free pregnancy this time around. HA! Too good to be true. It crept up on me a few days ago. I feel like I have to constantly eat to keep it at bay -- easier said than done when so little is appealling. LOL! I'm sure many of you can relate. Ah, well, it is all sooooo worth it.

Sending good luck and huge hugs to you all!

Tracey
mama to
angel Ila Elizabeth (02.06.04),
pea-in-the-pod, EDD 04.01.05
tracey

Postby 5thtymachrm » Tue Aug 10, 2004 06:41 pm

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Tue Aug 10, 2004 06:41 pm

Hi girls..well saw my internist today because of ongoing gallbladder pain too..lol. She said my liver was enlarged..sticking below my ribs..do you think thats bad? she took a bunch of blood work panels, I have an u/s on thursday afternoon and meeting with the surgeon on friday to take out my gallbladder asap. I'm not turning yellow or anything so I know I probably don't have any big liver problems. she said it could be because my gallbladder is also enlarged and backing up the liver or something. She didn't seem all that worried about it just said we needed to get my gallbladder out in the next week or so. The surgeon was happy to work around the fact that we are ttc and not to interrupt my cycle too much around ovulation time..lol how nice is that? so i have a busy week, somewhere to go everyday. at least the time will pass quickly.

Tracey..sorry about the m/s..hopefully it will soon pass, and yes it is worth it!

Alimarie...hey thats great news that you ovulated on your own! woohoo! I hope things will work out very soon :o)

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,hyperemesis,33wks on BR.
4 prev. m/c's
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby bridget » Tue Aug 10, 2004 07:15 pm

by bridget (228 Posts), Tue Aug 10, 2004 07:15 pm

HI all...just catching up on everyone's news.
Oh Elizabeth....I hope you are feeling better soon. You and Indigo have had quite a week. I am glad you had a good experience with the surgeon- that makes all the difference in the world!
Good luck Tina, DJA and Jill.
Alimarie- as Elizabeth said, that is good news that you ovulated. I hope if you decide to go through with further testing, they are able to help you get some answers.
Tracey- I hope you are feeling better very soon. I rode a bunch of roller coasters at a theme park on Friday and as I was walking to the car, I thought "I remember this feeling- this is the first trimester m/s feeling". Yucky!

I am still waiting for tests following our miscarriage last month. Our chromosomal analysis should be in soon. My hcg levels are still elevated but I had some more bleeding (a period?) last week-end so I am hoping that cleared everything out and I will get back to zero. Then I can do the x-ray of my uterus to look for uterine abnormalities and another blood clotting panel. Of course, I have lots of fears swimming in my head- what if we find a reason for the miscarriage and it's very bad news, what if we don't find any reason and I keep having them... etc.

Good luck to everyone. We need some more BFPs!!

Take care,

Bridget
DS 06/02 (39 weeks, pe, postpartum hemorrhage)
m/c 11/03, 05/04, 07/04
TTC #2 very soon
bridget

Postby dja » Tue Aug 10, 2004 08:37 pm

by dja (895 Posts), Tue Aug 10, 2004 08:37 pm

Well. . . I broke down and tested this morning, and then again this evening, and I think that maybe, possibly, perhaps, hopefully I see a faint pink line. I'm CD 26, and I would normally get AF around CD 28/29 (although it is impossible to tell since things have been whacky since having Amelia.) I want to jump up and down and celebrate, but I'm not confident enough yet. I'm going to test again in the morning and hopefully will see a clearer result after not spending the whole day drinking water.

Sooooooo - YIKES! It will be hard to sleep!

DJA
Mom to Amelia, b/d 03/19/04 @ 22 weeks due to sever PE
dja

Postby dja » Tue Aug 10, 2004 08:53 pm

by dja (895 Posts), Tue Aug 10, 2004 08:53 pm

Elizabeth - good luck with the gall bladder removal. I'm glad the doc is willing and able to work around the TTC schedule.

Bridget - have you had all the tests for clotting problems done before? If I do get a positive, I will be contacting the peri right away to confirm if I should be starting on heparin right away, or wait a few more weeks. Wishing you the best.

DJA
dja

Postby maxs mom » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:57 pm

by maxs mom (594 Posts), Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:57 pm

Elizabeth - sorry to hear about the gall bladder problems, I hope you are feeling better soon.

DJA - I know those tests can play tricks on you, and you are testing early, but if you see a faint line, that may be a big positive. Good luck!

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 1lb. 3ozs. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/

#2 is on the way, EDD 4/18/05 (seems so far away!)
maxs mom

Postby ann marie » Wed Aug 11, 2004 05:03 am

by ann marie (1034 Posts), Wed Aug 11, 2004 05:03 am

Elizabeth,

So sorry to hear about your gallbladder. It will be nice to have it out before you have to suffer with gallbladder attacks while pregnant...trust me on that one:) Hope it goes well.

Ann Marie (29)Moderator for "Ask the Experienced"
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest
ann marie

Postby bridget » Wed Aug 11, 2004 06:29 am

by bridget (228 Posts), Wed Aug 11, 2004 06:29 am

DJA....I can't wait to hear your report this morning :)))))

Yes I have had the blood clotting panel done- last year. Everything was normal except I was heterozygous for MTHFR so I am taking extra vitamins and baby asprin per my doctor's recommendation.

GOOD LUCK!!

Bridget
DS 06/02 (39 weeks, pe, postpartum hemorrhage)
m/c 11/03, 05/04, 07/04
TTC #2 very soon
bridget

Postby april » Wed Aug 11, 2004 06:52 am

by april (477 Posts), Wed Aug 11, 2004 06:52 am

DJA....Well, did you test yet? Your keeping us all in suspense.

Elizabeth- Sorry to hear about your gallblatter, but atleast if it is dealt with now, you will not have to worry about it when you are preg[;)].

april(24)
dh-billy(29)
dd-Natalie 3/10/04(pasted away after 1 hr.) induced labor at 23wks and 5 days due to severe PE/HELLP
april

Postby dja » Wed Aug 11, 2004 07:53 am

by dja (895 Posts), Wed Aug 11, 2004 07:53 am

I tested again this morning, and the line is definitely there! (although not exactly bright pink.)

I'm calling the peri this morning to arrange for the blood tests to confirm! Yikes, I'm so excited. I'll report back after work today!

DJA
dja

PreviousNext

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia