Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Question about chronic hypertension

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Question about chronic hypertension

Postby flori » Fri Jul 08, 2011 01:07 pm

by flori (225 Posts), Fri Jul 08, 2011 01:07 pm

I know that chronic hypertension increases your chances of developing preeclampsia, but does it also increase your chances if it is controlled? Can any of the ladies with chronic htn share any information their doctors may have provided them with regarding hypertension and a subsequent pregnancy?

I keep thinking about the deck of cards/jokers explanation that Caryn gave and I wonder if I'm going to end up with like 40 jokers in my deck next time. Does the inflammation that occurs when you have hypertension go away if it is controlled or is it something that is always around? I'm confused.
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori
Registered User
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 06:21 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Question about chronic hypertension

Postby rosalinda » Fri Jul 08, 2011 07:48 pm

by rosalinda (578 Posts), Fri Jul 08, 2011 07:48 pm

After the death of my daughter in 2007, my peri gave me a 50% chance of recurrence. Now after having delivered my last baby at 36 wks, my peri says I have a 25% chance of it. The chances are still there, especially because of my chronic hypertension.
-Elissa, January 2007: stillborn at 25 weeks, severe PE, IUGR, reverse-end diastolic flow
- Chronic hypertension as of November 2007
-missed miscarriage Feb 2009
- Ismael Jaden, June 2010, 36 wks, oligohydramnios & rising BP's, my wonderful little man & the love of my life
- Janelle, September 2011, 24wks, 3days. complete placental abruption & DIC, stillborn
rosalinda
Registered User
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:53 am

Re: Question about chronic hypertension

Postby frogibe » Tue Jul 12, 2011 07:43 pm

by frogibe (327 Posts), Tue Jul 12, 2011 07:43 pm

I have chronic hypertension now after my first pregnancy and pe experience. I was told I had a 40% chance of it rearing its ugly head again. In my mind it helps to think that I have a 60% chance of it not. I now their goal is to control the BP but having high BP doesn't cause preeclamspsia. There are many ladies with CH that never have PE. I have been on 100 mg of Labatelol this entire pregnancy along with LDA as a preventative. I still don't know what my outcome will be, but I am further along. I was diagnosed with PE at 27 weeks with my first and had her at 28 due to HELLP. I am currently 32 weeks as of tomorrow and just praying to get another 5 weeks to make it to my scheduled c-section. I guess Caryn's way of explaining the deck of card theory is pretty accurate since they do not know enough.
Jennifer(27) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We are expecting #3 in April 2013
User avatar
frogibe
Registered User
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:57 pm
Location: Illinois


Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests