Post Reply FAQ Members Login

We are trying again!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

We are trying again!

Postby jend01 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:52 am

by jend01 (375 Posts), Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:52 am

I am excited a scared at the same time! I think mostly excited! My sister just had a little girl last week, she was 6 weeks early due to PIH. The babies heart rate started going down and my sisters bp kept going up. Her doctors, same one I go to, decide to have her born by c-section on june 29th. It was almost like I was looking in at my pregnancy and delivery with Eian, very weird. My sister and her baby are doing great now, baby should be coming home early this week, maybe Wednsday. My sisters BP is almost back to normal, so glad that she got better instead of worse after her delivery! So....

I made up my mind a few months ago that I was ready to try again, and after much discusion my husband is also ready now :D Eian had his third birthday Friday July 8th and I am really hoping that next year he will have a little brother or sister to play with! After seeing how closly the doctors were watching over my sister and her little girl, I am much more at ease and more confident that I will have a much better delivery and recovery than I did the first time around. So, I haven't been around the forums very much lately, but now that it is official, I will be here much more. With lots of questions :)
DS July 8th 2008 36+weeks
-No signs, no symptoms, Severe PE led to HELLP and eclampsia. My wonderful doctors saved my life based on a large weight gain between appointments!
-chronic hypertensive and PTSD, doing well on meds :)
07/11 - TTC :)
jend01

Re: We are trying again!

Postby libby123 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 09:23 pm

by libby123 (111 Posts), Sun Jul 10, 2011 09:23 pm

Congratulations! That is such exciting news :) Hoping for a quick conception and easy pregnancy for you :) It is very true that good prenatal care can make a big difference.
Mommy to Sailor Ann, born on February 17th 2011 at 36 weeks by c-section due to PIH that slowly turned into preeclampsia.
libby123

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia