Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Just got back from the OBGYN... More unsure now then ever...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Just got back from the OBGYN... More unsure now then ever...

Postby princesspurr » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:26 am

Both docs called me a dream patient... they just couldn't believe how educated I was on the subject LOL But by the end of my appointment I had two docs in the room and basically no answers. Doc said that all I can do is get as healthy as possible before getting pregnant (ie loss weight) and hope for the best.... As soon as I got pregnant I would be seeing a perinatal doc and of course be considered high risk. Since I have so many variables (it's been seven years since I was pregnant, I have a new husband, my blood pressure is still fine) they are not really sure what kind of odds to give me. So me and the hubby are going to sit down tonight and discuss again. I wasn't planning on trying until November at the earliest because I want to drop at least 40 pounds... Although I'm not real sure if my weight even effects anything because my blood pressure was good (120/74 today and I was freaking out because I had to see a cute young doc UGH!) Our local hosp is getting a NICU IIIA, so they will be able to handle babies 28+ weeks... Both docs still recommend where I had my daughter which of course I want no parts of. So I really really reallllllyyyyyy don't know. I want so badly to be able to give my hubby a child, but is it worth the risk????
Val (32) & Carlos (30)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
princesspurr

Re: Just got back from the OBGYN... More unsure now then eve

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sat Jul 30, 2011 09:46 am

You have to decide in the end what you feel and then go for it. I went to 3 perinatologists,2 obgyn's and 2 hematologists,guess what? They all said something different lol!! I was so upset too. Now I know there is no guarentee especially with a pregnancy. Every doctor is different and views preeclampsia in thier own way,you have to find one you feel most comfortable with. Even without a history like ours a doctor cannot tell a pregnant patient that everything will be ok. They say each pregnancy is very different and in our case that could be a very good thing!
Like you I would like to lpoe weight before trying and we are now thinking around november as well!
My bp is normal too,but whats to say when I am pregnant with this extra weight it will stay that way? Truth is no one knows for sure if weight makes any difference. To me,I know my body and am not comfortable at this weight without being pregnant. So,anything I can do before hand to get healthy can only help. I also am seeing a nutritionists to help me as far as diet and vitamins. It gets very confusing what to take how much and for how long so this is a big help. Best of luck to you I know it's very overwhelming but you will get where you need to be
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby kerisue » Sat Jul 30, 2011 05:23 pm

My OB doc told me no more pregnancies, my MFM doc told me it was reasonable to want to try again and he would help me through it. It was a very tough decision for me personally because I had to think not just about myself and the grief I would feel if I lost a baby again, but also about my family if anything happened to me, and about a new baby and her potential suffering if born too early. I hope that you are able to weigh all the possibilities and outcomes and come to the decision that is right for you.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby princess purr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 08:12 am

I think we are just going to go for it in November and hope for the best. I'll try to get as healthy as possible and then hope that I have a better out come! At least now I will be watched, last time it was a total surprise.
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Aug 03, 2011 09:16 am

Good for you!!!! That is right this time will be different you will be watched and you will know what to look for. I am happy for you let's you and I shed these pounds now!!! :D
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby princess purr » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:28 am

:-) Thank you! The treadmill needs to become my friend again LOL We can both do this!!!! It's scary, but I just have to go for it. I keep telling myself I used to get BAD urinary track infections all the time when I was with my exhubby... new hubby not one (knock on wood) I used to also have pretty bad skin from the time I started dating exhubby until we separated, now my skin is much better.... I'm wondering if my body just didn't like him!
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia