Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Done with one

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Done with one

Postby lornarose » Mon Aug 22, 2011 06:50 pm

Girls
It is nearly a year since PE first knocked on my door at approx 32 weeks. I had a terrifying birth experience and anxious time in the NICU. The physical feeling after the c section, the night sweats, the bleeding-oh my, just so frightening. I was lucky to eventually take home my tiny daughter from the hospital and I don't think I let her out of my arms for those first few months. I am not traumatised anymore as my baby is thriving and brings me great joy. I am over it, the PE. I don't feel sorry for myself anymore and I don't get flashbacks, I am lucky I can put this behind me as I got to take home a baby.
I agonised for a long time whether I had the strength and courage to try for a sibling for my precious daughter. I did the back and forth that many women on this site do. I am now firm in my resolve that I am definitely, 'done with one.' I have seen lately that many women are having very sucessful second pregnancies and I am so delighted by these stories. However, my fear is not PE so much as having another section. I am too terrified to go through that again. I will try to ensure at all times that my daughter is surrounded by her extended family and that she is never lonely. She is a much loved and longed for child and is the apple of her grandparents and parents eyes. I can't begin to express the gratitude to all the women who have shared their stories with me and offered very good advice. To all the wonderful mothers who are trying again after preelampsia, from my heart, I wish you all the best and hope that you have your babies safe and well in your arms soon.
Love to you all
Always
Lornaxx
Momma to Emma born 34wplus 3 ,October, 2010,due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.In NICU due to low birth weight and suspected sepsis, home after nearly 4 weeks.
lornarose

Re: Done with one

Postby princess purr » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:11 am

It is such a hard choice. I guess I was lucky with my c-section. I had NO bleeding and was only soar for about a week and then I felt fine. On the other side my preeclampsia was horrible and my daughter did not make it :-( Maybe over some more time you will change you mind again. (((HUGS)))
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Aug 24, 2011 09:46 pm

I want you to know that I truly respect your decision. I know it wasn't easy and everyone is different and has to do what is right for them. I can say from the bottom of my heart that the only reason I am evern "considering" trying again is because we lost our only baby. If I was lucky enough to take a baby home after pre-e I wouls do just what you are,one and done. The idea of putting a baby through any part of the nicu expereince again just terrifies me more then anything
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby ross123 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 01:02 pm

i sometime fell hte same way you do after losing 2 baby already .I wait 11 years to have another baby and end up with nothing
ross123

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia